Paintball Marker/gun??

RaPiDo987

Hey Guys!!

I'm about to try paintball and don't know what gun/marker to get... Mostly want to do scenario with a budget of $190 (gun/mask/tank/hooper).

Was thinking of going with a:

TIPPMANN US Army Project Salvo Marker

TIPPMANN Low Profile Bulk Cyclone Hopper

Pure Energy 20oz CO2 Tank

VForce Armor Paintball Mask Black WG5012

Any suggestions of deals would be appreciated!!

Thanks

Hey Guys!!

I'm about to try paintball and don't know what gun/marker to get... Mostly want to do scenario with a budget of $190 (gun/mask/tank/hooper).

Was thinking of going with a:

TIPPMANN US Army Project Salvo Marker

TIPPMANN Low Profile Bulk Cyclone Hopper

Pure Energy 20oz CO2 Tank

VForce Armor Paintball Mask Black WG5012

Any suggestions of deals would be appreciated!!

Thanks

I'd go with a N2 tank, they've come down a lot in price these days. Check this out. http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/WFS/AVI-Store-Site/en_US/-/USD/ViewEasyAskSearch-Start?Action=CA_CategoryExpand&CategoryPath=All+Products%2F%2F%2F%2FPaintball%2F%2F%2F%2FGas+Systems%2F%2F%2F%2FNitrogen+Systems&SortColumns=&CatalogCategoryID=USvAqAp.rPQAAAEaBPROeRqM&ParentCategory=false&ShowStyle=

I'm also selling a Smart Parts Ion with some upgrades. Wanting $450, over your price range, but if interested let me know

Paintball has come along way since I stopped playing a few years ago. That marker is pretty cool. I guess Tippmann is still the best intro/scenario marker, and by the looks of that thing, they are holding true. I have a Tippmann 98 with more modifications than I can remember. It has a response trigger, longer barrel, cyclone feeder, collapsible stock, coiled remote, and some other stuff I can't remember. It was a great paintball gun. All I ever played were scenarios and walk-on woodsball. If that Project Salvo marker holds up as well as my 98 Custom did under the same conditions, it'll serve you well. I also have a Smart Parts Ion with a few interior modifications that I can't quite remember, and a an ETek Ego that I bought off of a buddy for a good price. They're all great guns, but my 98 Custom will always have a special place in my heart. Have fun playing.

I have a bunch of equipment myself. I actually just pulled my crap out of my shed.

This is my Tippman A-5:

31973_1385246764538_1633101886_933772_684548_n.jpg

One thing I would like to just say to you because I did it myself and I sort of regret it.

My A-5 at the time was close to 250 bucks. (If not more)

The Nitrogen tank was at least 200 bucks too.

Paintball is very very expensive: I bought all this crap assuming my friends would like doing it enough that we would end up doing it on a regular basis.

I dropped close to 1000 bucks my first year starting up, and I went out only about 5 times that first year. I have maybe been out 3 times since I started. (This was about 5 years ago.)

My 2cents for you is, go to a paintball range. They usually allow you to rent everything you could ever need for decently cheap. Give the game a go, and just rent for the summer and see how it goes.

If this happens to be a 1 summer thing then you will save yourself at least 500 bucks on items that could end up possibly just sitting in storage.

I love playing, but I bonk myself on the head everytime I look at all my stuff in my paintball bag and realize I could have spent this money elsewhere, or put it to better use.

Thats just my 2cents though.

^^^ Exactly what he said. I have close to $1000 in my setup. I only played with it not even 10 times. Now I'm HOPING to have it sold for half the price of what I've got into it.