The Kraken

Lhiannon

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Septe.... really?? Where do you live, I'll come putz with your 480's for free right now!

Back in reality though, do you have any photos of the heatpipe orientations on your card?

@ebarone - Well, were gonna be "putzing" around with the 480's tonight, however, the case is at a frineds house in Chicago, and he wont be bringing it back to us till September. So, we will have "unofficial" Kraken results for benching and the like this evening. Watch this space for details. If you are local to Columbus, Ohio, then you are welcome to come nerd out with us tonight. :)

@SpeedCrazy - Alas, I cannot divulge that info, since we are looking to be selling this machine in the future. What I can tall you is that our current sale price on the machine, sans peripherals, is $4000. And if someone were to want one, of course they could customize it with us and add or subtract various components, thereby altering the price. Also, we wouldnt sell you the used one, it would be a new one that you would get. We actually have around 15 custom builds under our belts in just under 3 months of operation, so we've got lots of options to choose from. Don't want to break any advertising rules on here or anything, so pm me if you would like some more info.

Edited by Lhiannon

• 2 weeks later...

Well, we have done some preliminary testing, and the results were even better than we thought theyd be, to be honest. We were able to push the two MSI gtx 480's to 850 mhz (or 1900 shader clocks) and 2000 (!) mhz on the RAM. Heres what we got...

Capture-2.png

Keep in mind that with the Sapphire 5970 4gb, our best score was in the 33k range. These things crush. For the observant, the bench was actually run on the 7th, I just included the shots of EVO and Afterburner to show you guys our settings. For whatever reason, I cant find the screen shot from the 7th.

Sometime in the next few weeks, were gonna try something that will blow some socks off, for sure. Stay tuned...

Edited by Lhiannon

Thats a nice build right there. Bummer about the case and gpu temp issues, seemed like a good idea though lol.

@ebarone - Well, were gonna be "putzing" around with the 480's tonight, however, the case is at a frineds house in Chicago, and he wont be bringing it back to us till September. So, we will have "unofficial" Kraken results for benching and the like this evening. Watch this space for details. If you are local to Columbus, Ohio, then you are welcome to come nerd out with us tonight. :)

Do you guys have a local shop? I'm not super close, but I make trips up to OSU frequently. (from cinci/dayton area)

Thats a nice build right there. Bummer about the case and gpu temp issues, seemed like a good idea though lol.

Do you guys have a local shop? I'm not super close, but I make trips up to OSU frequently. (from cinci/dayton area)

Well, we usually work at my apartment, or at smurfs place in Mt. Vernon. If you're gonna be headed up anytime soon, send a pm and perhaps well hook up.

Were actually looking at getting a lan weekend at my place in the next months are so. You r welcome to come up for the event. Currently the Shop so to speak is in my basment. Most of the builds are done there. I'm still getting things arranged as I just moved in a month ago, but here are some pics of what the shop looks like now.

d4f6d82f.jpg

65c7f664.jpg

53d362ce.jpg

471d4248.jpg

2cbb80cf.jpg

325416ed.jpg

672845c9.jpg

e586c683.jpg