Brink (360/PC/PS3)

WhenKittensATK

Brink is an upcoming FPS game made by Splash Damage. Check out their website for more information about the game. The game is set to be released Q1 2011 and comes out on the 360/PC/PS3.

Here is just a quick playlist of videos I put together of Brink. Some of the videos include gameplay and etc.

Built in the near-future as part of a contemporary green vision, the Ark was a model for sustainable living. The massive man-made floating city became a home to the scientists and thinkers focused on making the vision a reality, while its wealthy patrons built a recreational paradise.

But soon the threat of a global environmental crisis became real: glaciers melted, sea levels rose, and the very survival of humanity was threatened. Thousands from around the globe fled to the Ark as a last hope. Refugees clung to survival however they could, while the original founders and their descendants struggled to maintain the island.

Now, the Ark has lost contact with what remained of the mainland and exists in total isolation. As the Ark's supposedly renewable resources dwindle, the balance of power threatens to unravel and throw competing social factions into a horrific conflict.

With tensions growing, Security and Resistance forces are locked in a heated battle for control of the Ark. Which side will you choose?

Brink E3 Roundup: Making a Splash

What I like about the game so far...

1 ) SMART (Smooth Movement Across Random Terran)

2 ) Art Style

3 ) Character and Weapon Customizations

4 ) Class and Team Based

5 ) Blending of Singleplayer, Co-op, and Multiplayer

6 ) Objective Wheel

Reasoning...

1 ) This really makes the environment less restrictive. You can transverse the map however you please with relative ease.

2 ) Really love the amount of colors you see in this game. It sort of gives a Mirror's Edge look in one of the maps. Also looks like there will be a variety of map locations, from rustic refugee shack towns to futuristic buildings.

3 ) People really like customizing things to fit their style, or at least I do.

4 ) Multiple classes makes games more enjoyable. There is something for everyone. Combined with a Team based gameplay makes it ideal for the different classes. Ability to buff teammates.

5 ) You're progress through the game is transferred to all game modes. Whether you're playing offline or online. Drop-in-join for players to enter you game.

6 ) This looks like a great mechanic that fits the teamplay. Doing these other objectives helps you and your team achieve the final goal. Its dynamic, so it depends on where you are and what class you are playing.

Basically, the two upcoming shooters from Bethesda fall into the category of multi (Brink) and single (Rage).

I have to say I'm excited for Brink but I need to see more of it. I'm not quite sold on the major multiplayer focus of it but it still looks interesting.

Basically, the two upcoming shooters from Bethesda fall into the category of multi (Brink) and single (Rage).

Rage looks good too. Glad they showed new gameplay of the FPS. Because at first I thought Rage was some kind of racing game from all their earlier videos. It was so confusing.

Well after watching some more videos and looking around a little bit I can say I'm liking this game so far. My only real problem with it at the moment is that, like many other games, it has a lot of team play components but it just looks like the kind of game where most people will go lone wolf.

I do really like the free running ideas put into it though, probably my favorite aspect. The only problem I have with is that it doesn't seem to have any kind of hand to hand fighting, which is something I would like to see as I think you could really take advantage of those details put in your character.

Well after watching some more videos and looking around a little bit I can say I'm liking this game so far. My only real problem with it at the moment is that, like many other games, it has a lot of team play components but it just looks like the kind of game where most people will go lone wolf.

I do really like the free running ideas put into it though, probably my favorite aspect. The only problem I have with is that it doesn't seem to have any kind of hand to hand fighting, which is something I would like to see as I think you could really take advantage of those details put in your character.

Well every team based game depends on who is playing it. You can't name a single game where you know everyone is going to play together, unless everyone wants to play together. So holding that against this game is silly, because its the same for every team based game.

There are melee attacks in the game. If that is enough hand to hand for you. You can see it happen 1-3 through the videos.

Well every team based game depends on who is playing it. You can't name a single game where you know everyone is going to play together, unless everyone wants to play together. So holding that against this game is silly, because its the same for every team based game.

There are melee attacks in the game. If that is enough hand to hand for you. You can see it happen 1-3 through the videos.

What I meant by the team play was that it doesn't really encourage people to use it. You're right though, I can't name a game where I know everyone will work together, but I can name a game where everyone is supposed to work together, left 4 dead, but it occasionally has people that work against the team as well. The thing that bothers me about this game is that it seems like the team work stuff is all individual stuff, I would like to something where two people can work together and do something. As an example, they have this new movement system called smart, but they don't use team work to use that system better, I think having certain places that can only be reached using another player to give you a boost would just really show people that working together does have it's benefits. That's just me though, team work is just something I don't see in a lot of games so that's part of the reason I would like to see it in this game, but also because I think this game has a little more potential with teamwork than BC2 or Borderlands.

I know there is melee, I guess what I meant by hand to hand was the ability to disarm an enemy and throw them off the top of a building to kill them. From the videos it seems as if when you run out of guns to shoot then you just have to run away and can't fight someone using a melee weapon.

This is just my impression from the videos though. Without playing the game I can't actually make an accurate judgment on what it's capable of.

• 1 month later...

im very excited for Brink. So many good games coming out in the near future and absolutely nothing out right at the moment (not a sc2 fan) so im very very excited to see some good games come out q4 this year and early 2011