Dariuas

FFXIV Benchmark

Hey guys first time on these forums.

The reviews on this site are top quality and this site helped me out quite a bit when I was looking to buy my new computer a few months ago. So cheers!

My computer rig is my signature below.

5850 at stock speeds.

On LOW: 5971

On HIGH: 4019

highfinalfantasy.th.jpg

lowfinalfantasy.th.jpg

Just for reference, I checked yesterday with fraps and got 75 fps avg on high and 110 avg on low (hd 5870 OC @ 895 , 1290 and i5 750 @ 4ghz)

I hope the load times go down, everybody's I've seen has been well over a few seconds. Mine alone was something like 23 seconds per scene or something (bad for even Crysis).

So i made a little research and found out that FFXIV does support multi GPU configurations, not many people know this, but the problem is that crossfire only works in full screen mode for both directx and opengl, since the benchmark is window mode only thats why crossfire is not kicking in.

The solution is to run the benchmark in full screen mode, and for that, you can use the following link:

FFXIV CORE

just go to the part where it says "Howto run FFXIV Benchmark with multi GPUs" and follow the instructions.

My new score on high with dual 5870:

post-71747-12790721298873_thumb.jpg

So there it is, lets just hope that the final version isnt capped at 30 FPS like in the beta :(

Forgot to mention that the score in LOW was the same with crossfire, guess CPU bottlenecking that.

Edited by ponchinGdl

I have an ASUS laptop with g73jh win7 premium 64bit ATI Radeon 5870th I can not get the point of reference for implementation. I installed Direct X 9 IVE updated my bios ver 209th I am almost sure to have the latest driver for my graphics card. Last time I tried to install 10.6 I ran into problems, but when I did a scan to see if I could put my PC said I have the latest version. I am quite confused why I can not run this reference.

what is the exactly time that Final Fantasy XIV come out?

Supposed to be right around Sept 30th.

E8500 @ 4ghz

2x 5770 @ 900/1375

4GB Corsair DDR3 running 1600Mhz.

Full Screen (1680x1050) 4456... I think i'm happy with this. Looks like i'm out performing a few 5870's w/ i7's @ 4ghz.... :woo:

If I remember correctly you have to rename the exe to 3dmark06.exe and then it will support SLI and CF. A quick google check will confirm the correct file name that is needed.