rmb938

[Project] Area 82

So I have no idea were do put this and hopefully its allowed since I am not advertising another forum or anything.

Anyway I have been coding java for about 4 years now and also been playing games. Recently I spend my time playing a TON of mmorpgs. I love them and I want to make them better. So i thought to my self oh why not make a game and thats were it started.

I have started to create a game using Unity3d which uses javascript and C# for scripting and SmartFox which is a Java server. This game is going to be a basic MMORPG with most of the features that are in any other MMOs including classes,mounts,bosses,raids ect. I am making this game around all the things we love about mmos and going to try to get rid of the things we hate. I am not really going to bother to update this thread since OCC gets a ton of new posts a day so I will just give you my website which is http://project-a82.com feel free to comment on there and let me know your ideas. If anyone wants to help just let me know in the "About" page on the site or just pm me here.

So yea thats it. Also if this doesn't belong on this section im sorry and if you can just move it that would be great :)

Maybe if you had a write up of what it is, and what your doing that would help.

Well I just started this project last week and I have been mainly working on networking since that is more important right now. The post says what I am doing which is making a mmo so basiclly just imagine a game like wow or runes of magic since I don't have any models right now and don't know how it will end up looking like

I'm kind of curious. What kind of people are going to decide the things liked and disliked to put into the game? Seems to me like if you are going to leave that up to the community then a poll might be the best option? But even then I'd imagine that there will be things put into the game that some people don't like.

Well I have a ton of friends who play mmos. I also ask around in the diff mmos I play as well as any comments on the website. Yes I know there will be some things that people don't like but I will base it off majority opinion.

How are you going to host a server? And if you need someone to alpha test it I'll gladly volunteer

I have a computer that is running ubuntu server. The smartFox framework is built in java so it is universal. Eventually I will buy a decided server from a host if I get donations. Also I won't have any testing on the server until I finish the first area.

A little about the hosting. I know hosting a game server on a home internet connection isn't that great. I have tested it a while ago with a custom java server for a different game and I was able to hold about 60 players. On smartFox since it is coded by professionals I will easily be able to hold 100-200+ players.

About testing. During the different test periods saving your player may or may not be activated. You will sign up on the website and fill out a little survey. Once the survey is accepted I will send by email a password(or code) that you put into the game client to get in.

Login Screen(no trees): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zxSQEbph2NU