? for the guys with 30" monitors

Is the larger resolution worth the huge price increase?

Would I be better off going with a 120hz monitor? I think not since I am already running 1920x1200 and the highest res these 120hz monitors seem to be is 1920x1080. Are there any plans for a higher res 120hz monitor in the near future?

Lastly, if I do decide to go for the 30" what is the best brand (for the price)?

Have you considered an Eyefinity setup instead? 3x24" will cost about the same price, but offer you a much larger surface. Furthermore you already have one, so it wouldn't be hard to add another two. :)

Just make sure to have at least one monitor with a DisplayPort.

I have but if I do that I was wanting all three screens to be 120hz. Would it be a noticeable difference going from 1200 to 1080? If I went with something like 3x http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824009222

I know if i turn my monitor down to 1920x1080 everything looks stretched. Would I still need a display port with 2 480s?

The two 480s should be able to use all DVI for it, but I'm not real sure on it myself. I think you'd be running two monitors with one card and the third monitor plugs into the second card.

Since the three monitors would all be 1920x1080, nothing would look stretched. You may notice a tiny bit loss of real estate but it shouldn't be a huge difference dropping down to the slightly smaller size.

I have but if I do that I was wanting all three screens to be 120hz. Would it be a noticeable difference going from 1200 to 1080? If I went with something like 3x http://www.newegg.co...N82E16824009222

I know if i turn my monitor down to 1920x1080 everything looks stretched. Would I still need a display port with 2 480s?

According to the NVIDIA websiteNVIDIA website, I think you would be fine. I may be wrong though, as I had never looked into NVIDIA Surround until today. Heck, it's not launched yet!

As for 1200 vs. 1080, well, your screens will just be not as high. We're talking about a 16:9 ratio instead of a 16:10.

Got a good deal on some Acer 1920x1200 monitors like the one I already have. Looks like I will be giving nvidia surround a try when it comes out. Still kinda wish I would have went with 120hz displays but I got both of these for about the same price as one of the Acer 120hz so I'm not too disappointed. Thanks for the help fellas :cheers:

Ill post up some pics when I get them and get everything setup.

I love both the 30" and eyefinity.

I love the 30" more for gaming and the 3 24"s for work. Don't get me wrong I like gaming with Eyefinity its just something about 2560 that I enjoy.

Don't get me wrong I like gaming with Eyefinity its just something about 2560 that I enjoy.

See, this is the way I think I would feel also. I got a good deal on the 24" monitors though, so I'll give nvidia surround a go. I have a feeling I'll still end up getting a 30" around October(birthday) when I have some extra money burning a whole in my pocket. Or sooner if I get a raise... Or maybe a second job