Sign in to follow this  
Liclac

Need guidance in compatibility and PSU

Guys, I am going to build a new PC Desktop. I will use it for design, rendering, 3DSMAX, Maya, Vray, and gaming a little..

My budget is under 14million, in USdollar maybe under 1400 USDOLLAR including monitor. Mice and keyboard n OS are not included...already have it.

This is the spec.

Processor: AMD Phenom II X6 1090T 3.2GHz 9MB Cache [290]

MB: ASRock 890GX Extreme III [150]

Memory DDR3: Kingston KHX 8500 D2K2 / 4GB Single [120]

HDD: Western Digital SATA II Green 750GB 32Mb [60]

GPU: Sapphire HD 5870 Vapor-X 1GB 256Bit GDDR5 [450]

Optical Drive: Liteon DVDRW 24x [25]

Casing: Vantec TSX300B

PSU: CONFUSED....

LCD Monitor: Samsung 20inch P2050

Is this system compatible each other? I won't buy it rom newegg.. I will buy it directly to my friend's shop..

The one I want to ask is about PSU and casing. With all of this hardware, how many watts needed to run this system well? [at least I can plug HDD ext] I am planning to take PSU from Vantec TSX300B casing 600watt..is this PSU pure or not? I ask one of store in a computers store around my house, he said that the PSU from Vantec Casing is all pure.... Help me with your experience... If this Vantec PSU is not pure and not good, what PSU should I take? how about Speedpower AX-650-S 650watt PSU? I heard Speedpower is a good PSU though... My budget in PSU about 720dollar. My friend said that 550watt is already enough for this..but I don't know... T.T

and how about Vantec case? I am not looking for a gamer case that cost above 100dollar, 60 dollar is enough.. and I found this Vantec TSX300B case with 60dollar w/o PSU.. Is This case is good in the cooling system and air flow? 4 fan, [rear, front, side]

thank you very much, and sorry If I ask so many.. ^^

Liclac,

If you are going to do a lot of work and only a little gaming then the HD 5870 might be a little of an overkill. You would probably be just as happy with a HD 5850 (from Sapphire of course - and vaporx edition of course :))

Regarding your power supply - invest in money well spent and insist on a Corsair TX/HX series power supply. 650W would work, but I would recommend at least the TX750 at minimum.

Other than that your build looks pretty solid.

Heavy design and rendering would benefit if you increase your memory from 4Gb to 8Gb.

Regards,

Liclac,

If you are going to do a lot of work and only a little gaming then the HD 5870 might be a little of an overkill. You would probably be just as happy with a HD 5850 (from Sapphire of course - and vaporx edition of course :))

Regarding your power supply - invest in money well spent and insist on a Corsair TX/HX series power supply. 650W would work, but I would recommend at least the TX750 at minimum.

Other than that your build looks pretty solid.

Heavy design and rendering would benefit if you increase your memory from 4Gb to 8Gb.

Regards,

Yeah, I am going to upgrade my memory to 8 or 12 GB...but not now, the memory price in my country is very expensive now, don't know why...I will upgrade my memory next year or in the next few months..

Thanks for your advice... 5870 and 5850 is not different too much I think. 5850 can still run game nowadays in very high graphic... And the PSU maybe I will do your advice, corsair PSU.. but if 650 is enough already, I will just take 650 or 600 or 550... I get a PSU calculator http://extreme.outervision.com/PSUEngine and I get my system would run in about 472watt with 2 HDD and 16GB of memory...

I will just recustomize my system then.. thanks for your advice wevsspot....

err....sorry forgot to ask, how about 5850 Sapphire Toxic edition, the price is higher 10dollar to Sapphire 5850 VaporX..

Your welcome. The Sappire HD5850 Toxic is a nice card too. You can't go wrong with either one. If you feel you need more horsepower later on you could always buy another and Crossfire them. Crossfire performance is outstanding on the new generation ATi cards and scales really well.

For power supply calculators - take what the calculator gives you and add about 30%. That is usually a safe margin for ensuring that you aren't always pushing the power supply at peak voltage and amperage.

Your welcome. The Sappire HD5850 Toxic is a nice card too. You can't go wrong with either one. If you feel you need more horsepower later on you could always buy another and Crossfire them. Crossfire performance is outstanding on the new generation ATi cards and scales really well.

For power supply calculators - take what the calculator gives you and add about 30%. That is usually a safe margin for ensuring that you aren't always pushing the power supply at peak voltage and amperage.

Well...your explanation is very helpful. Thanks again.. I will take the CORSAIR PSU as you told me.. I have compared it, and I think CORSAIR is the best with 5 years warranty... =D then I think I could build my system well... ^^