Electic shock poll, have you ever been severely shocked?

Andrewr05

FUN WITH ELECTRICITY!  

66 members have voted

1. 1. Have you been severly shocked? (More than a jolt)

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. How many times have you been severly shocked?

• 1-5 times
    • 6-10 times
    • 11-15 ...
    • 16-20 ...
    • More than 20 times
    • I lost count... !!
    • I have never been electrocuted

• Replies 47
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When I was little I was out side playing and had to go and went on a fence that I didn't notice was a electric fence, that will put a nice jolt thru you. A phone line that had a spot in it after getting out of the shower and stepping on it, then some minor ones here and there as well as from cars.

When I was little I was out side playing and had to go and went on a fence that I didn't notice was a electric fence, that will put a nice jolt thru you. A phone line that had a spot in it after getting out of the shower and stepping on it, then some minor ones here and there as well as from cars.

Ahhh...

That reminds be I've been electrocuted from stripping speaker wires with my teeth as well as phone line.

Plus when you're sweating the you can get a decent shock from phone line as well.

I study computer science and we have an ammalgamation of laboratories in one spot in the city. There's so much static electricity that once a guy charged himself up touched my neck and there was a big spark. Also left a nasty nasty red dot on my neck for like 2 weeks.

I've been shocked by 120volts, 240volts house and factory voltage.....45,000volts and 60,000volts of an ignition coil....and many in between...

never once Electrocuted as I lived to tell about it...

Over here in the UK, the Live and Neutral pins of our plugs are partially insulated, to pretty much eliminate the possibility of electric shock from the outlet (which often have plastic "doors" in the corresponding holes, which only open when the earth pin is inserted - one of the reasons it is longer)...

SaSX6.jpg

If you get shocked by the 240V 13A standard supply from a socket here, you'd get thrown across the room, probably be unconscious and burnt, and maybe have to go to hospital... it's a lot more serious and painful than the buzzes/tingles I've got from touching the mains plug pins of US appliances when plugging/unplugging them, when I lived in Virginia.