SiL3nTKiLL

NetBook Linux Distros

which linux distros do u guys use for ur netbook? im looking for something that will give me the longest battery life. im looking at either kubuntu and eebuntu, any1 tried these?

Edited by SiL3nTKiLL

I used Eeebuntu for a few months. There were a few bugs here and there, but nothing major. Also the repositories have almost nothing in them so you either have to compile from source or use the Debian repositories, which are not always 100% compatible. I finally changed to a full-blown 64-bit Ubuntu 10.04.

Back when I had a netbook I tried Ubuntu but I found windows XP or 7 had the best battery life by about 1:30+

any1 else have opinions on kubuntu netbook edition?

I didn't like Kubuntu Netbook Edition, simply because it wasn't powerful enough for me, and I really didn't like the UI.

I currently run Xubuntu, and it runs really well. I use an S10-2 with 2gbs of ram....

I've run Ubuntu Netbook Remix (apparently it's just called netbook edition now) on an Eee pc. Now I just run straight Ubuntu on it though. I hear they are doing some good things with the netbook interface though. Now it doesn't look anything like what I used to use.

Edited by flareback

I use Arch, with openbox for windows manager, tint2 for system panel, nitrogen for wallpapers, and conky for HUD. Its light, fast, simple and gives the maximum space to usability.

If you're looking for menu embedded ones try Moblin, Ubuntu Netbook, Jolicloud, Chrome OS, and etc. They boot pretty fast. However you may want to use the standard ones if you want to do more things.

I used to use Moblin and Ubuntu Netbook, but since I like using Microsoft Studio for coding. I use Windows 7.

Guest ajmatson

I use BackTrack 4 on mine and get about 3 hours on my Samsung N130. It is a good Distro but only for the advanced :)

I use BackTrack 4 on mine and get about 3 hours on my Samsung N130. It is a good Distro but only for the advanced :)

Haha, I was just about to post something related to this.

On my Acer Aspire One I had a dual-boot setup with XP and BT4, was very useful.

Especially if I was staying in a well-populated area and didn't exactly have internet. :P

Guest ajmatson

Haha, I was just about to post something related to this.

On my Acer Aspire One I had a dual-boot setup with XP and BT4, was very useful.

Especially if I was staying in a well-populated area and didn't exactly have internet. :P

BackTrack is the best for . . . . um . . . . . . administration tasks, yea :)