Sign in to follow this  
SDIS300

1090T and 4890x2

I overclocked my 1090t to 4.3ghz and oc'd my 4890's on air and got a score of 25295 and think that i can push it some more but as i look around the web i see 1090t oc'd to more than 4.3 with 5970 with lower scores. I thought 2 4890's are stronger than one 5870 ?

Depends on what you are doing. If CF scales well you can mop the floor with a 5870.

Depends on what you are doing. If CF scales well you can mop the floor with a 5870.

I just thought that the 5970 was just a stonger card than 2 4890's

I am thinking that even your scores seem a little low as well. I hit 27500 on my i7 @ 4ghz with two 4870's but yeah it seems that the 5970 should be faster than that as well.

I am thinking that even your scores seem a little low as well. I hit 27500 on my i7 @ 4ghz with two 4870's but yeah it seems that the 5970 should be faster than that as well.

you have to remember that the i7 has more threads

I just thought that the 5970 was just a stonger card than 2 4890's

Sorry I thought you said 5870...... thats what I get with no sleep

The 5970 should be getting higher then you for sure.

im assuming u guys r talkin about 3dmark???

its cpu limited.. 5970 is probably asleep during the benchmark.. i know.. i scored 23k on my crossfire 5850s which would mop the floor with ur cards.. BUT during the whole benchmark they most work they did was 43% for each card.. total of 86%... thats less than one card.. and im sure if i clocked my cpu from 3.85 to 4.3.. id score around the same 25k mark as u guys...

try vantage or Heaven unigine, or Furmark.. Furmark really .s with ur gpus.. 100% each gpu on my system and man they run hot.. lol

OP - It would be nice to know exacly which Benchmark you are talking about! Vantage, 06, what????

Furmark is a great benchmark, gpu's will get 100% usage! But, Nvidia is favored :( But, if you really want to stress your video card(s) then it is probably the best prog out there!

On a side note, your 5850's shouldn't be getting that hot, even with Furmark. When I was running 2 5870's in CF, I don't think they ever got above 70C during the benchmark, not sure what temps you are seeing but they shold be lower than the 5870! I think the highest my 5970 has gotten is 72C, and to me that is impressive!

OP - It would be nice to know exacly which Benchmark you are talking about! Vantage, 06, what????

Furmark is a great benchmark, gpu's will get 100% usage! But, Nvidia is favored :( But, if you really want to stress your video card(s) then it is probably the best prog out there!

On a side note, your 5850's shouldn't be getting that hot, even with Furmark. When I was running 2 5870's in CF, I don't think they ever got above 70C during the benchmark, not sure what temps you are seeing but they shold be lower than the 5870! I think the highest my 5970 has gotten is 72C, and to me that is impressive!

depends if theyre oc'd or not.. my stock temps r around 70ish.. when i oc the cards i get about 86degs but it scores nearly 16k which is a fair jump from 13k of stock..