Resisting Arrest

Rokkaholik

I can't figure out why backup wasn't there sooner to control the effing idiots that were walking up to the situation within 3-5 feet of the struggle, not to mention the mouthy bastard getting it on video and taunting/questioning the cop as to what he was doing, his actions, why he was doing it, ect... It's not his place to question it. back the eff up and shut your mouth.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cant see what led up to it but its a bit over the top for someone crossing the street in the wrong place (is that the definition of jaywalking) . That law isn't enforced in NZ. Cop would likely be charged with common assault for punching a minor. End of career.

Not much communication coming from the cop before or after the girl pushed him or after the punch was thrown. Cant help feel he needed to be talking a whole lot more and maybe things wouldn't have got to this state.

If you watch the video careful you can see the girl tried to avoid the ticket by walking away thats where it started to get physical that was the first girls mistake.

The second girl that jumped in just has no brains that pretty noticable in the video..... man if they did this in other States I have a feeling one of the girls would have been shot prob girl number 2.

Not sure about the Seattle Police Departments policy on the use of deadly force, but I can tell you in our neck of the woods, once you assault a police officer or resist arrest they can and will pull their service weapon. If you want to get shot go ahead and keep it up.

Both of those women were just plain stupid. Their stupidity was only eclipsed by the stupidity of the other witnesses standing around and egging it on. Keep in mind that this whole incident comes on the heels of four Seattle officers who were killed while on duty less than a year ago.

Not sure about the Seattle Police Departments policy on the use of deadly force, but I can tell you in our neck of the woods, once you assault a police officer or resist arrest they can and will pull their service weapon. If you want to get shot go ahead and keep it up.

Both of those women were just plain stupid. Their stupidity was only eclipsed by the stupidity of the other witnesses standing around and egging it on. Keep in mind that this whole incident comes on the heels of four Seattle officers who were killed while on duty less than a year ago.

NAACP still says it was wrong. They call this racist, yet its fine for the black girl to assault the officer doing his job. Ehh thats America for you -.-

As for their intelligence, seems to me they have an IQ of maybe 2.5? :lol:

NAACP still says it was wrong. They call this racist, yet its fine for the black girl to assault the officer doing his job. Ehh thats America for you -.-

As for their intelligence, seems to me they have an IQ of maybe 2.5? :lol:

In other news, the sky is blue! The NAACP hates that white people exist, so what can you expect from them. What I HATE more than anything is how people, businesses, and governments still give them any attention. They're an irrelevant organization that runs to the defense of blacks without ever considering whether or not they should. Whenever they're proven to be wrong, NEVER will you hear them apologize. And yet, as irresponsible an organization they are, whenever they start complaining, people/companies/governments refuse to tell them to go f off, which makes anyone cowtowing to them just as fraudulent as the NAACP themselves.

In other news, the sky is blue! The NAACP hates that white people exist, so what can you expect from them. What I HATE more than anything is how people, businesses, and governments still give them any attention. They're an irrelevant organization that runs to the defense of blacks without ever considering whether or not they should. Whenever they're proven to be wrong, NEVER will you hear them apologize. And yet, as irresponsible an organization they are, whenever they start complaining, people/companies/governments refuse to tell them to go f off, which makes anyone cowtowing to them just as fraudulent as the NAACP themselves.

+1

The cop had to shake/punch the second girl off or else he'd have even more trouble with the first. I do second that he should have called for backup and maybe employed some more advanced submission techniques but he wasn't at all wrong.

The video portrays him as wrong because he is white, surrounded by mainly blacks who support the victims since they were also black. Now the white cop will be ripped into because they were black.

They should have just cooperated, would have been a done deal with their tickets.

This is not racist at all. I would have done the same thing if a black person came at me like that. We'll be hearing about this forever once those two morons Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get involved.

This is not racist at all. I would have done the same thing if a black person came at me like that. We'll be hearing about this forever once those two morons Al Sharpton and Jesse Jackson get involved.

QFT. Black, asian, hispanic, or white, I would have punched that sucker in the face.

Its a real shame that it wasn't the other way around, I'd love to see what happens if the lady claimed the cop was racist because she's white. :huh:

There's too many vaild opinions in this thread. i agree with what everyone is saying about resisting and the girls are stupid etc. However, IMO if the cop could have shown a little more restraint. I feel that the punch wasn't necessary. and IMO you dont hit a woman regardless. In hindsight, pepper spray would have definitely been a better option for the cop; but its difficult for the brain to process all this in the heat of the moment. I don't think you could say this incident has anything to do with racism, more questionable police standards

That cop was in a really crappy situation there. He hit the person who was assisting the suspect in escaping. And he knows in the back of his mind that it may have been a mistake and now he has a crowd of people swarming him with cameras and cell phones. He is all by himself and someone could come at him from any angle.

:withstupid: i'm very surprised that he wasn't attacked by one of the bystanders. Or maybe its because they all had the smarts not to get involved and instead make another police controversy out of it.

i do feel sorry for the cop, all the controversy and training review he has to deal with just from writing one ticket to a beetch who couldnt keep her mouth shut and just take the fine

EDIT: spelling and grammar

Edited by bilcliff