Resisting Arrest

Rokkaholik

Nothing wrong there. Those women needed to go to jail for resisting arrest and the officer was just trying to make it happen. They were lucky the officer didn't go into "hard takedown" mode.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He's a scrawny guy surrounded and outmassed by a bunch of blithering buffoons who obviously lack any form of impulse control. He had every right to get defensive when soul sister went clawing up in his grill.

I honestly think both parties were in the wrong.. The women should have never resisted arrest and the cop should have never struck the other women. I think he should have backed off and called backup. Then he should have followed the women until backup arrived. He is just lucky that things didn't get much worse. That being said, I dont blame him for what he did. In the heat of the moment, I can understand his actions.

I've spent countless days and nights in Seattle while visiting MS in Redmond. Every single Seatlle police officer I've ever met (of course none in circumstances like that) were courteous and very professional. There is a lot that this video doesn't show. You can tell that the officer was attempting to write a ticket for j-walking or some other minor offense before the altercation took place. His ticket book and pen are sitting on the hood of the car. If the woman would have just shut her trap and been respectful to the officer in the first place I'm positive this escalation wouldn't have ever occurred.

I'm passed giving obnoxious, crazy violent women a pass on these things. Face it folks, many women today are just as mean and dangerous as any man can ever be.

I hope the judge throws the book at them and they spend 6 months in jail at minimum. Luckily things didn't get any farther out of control. Based on the audio and video of the other punks standing around egging this situation on, it could have turned nasty in a hurry.

Frankly, I think the officer was waaaayyy too restrained. If he had used full force submission and control tactics she would have been face down on the ground in a second.

Based on the audio and video of the other punks standing around egging this situation on, it could have turned nasty in a hurry.

This is actually the part that worries me. He should have called for backup, I'm surprised that crowd did not do something incredibly stupid.

Ok, so what I get from this is this..African American girl interferes with cop and physically touches him and tries to get rid of him when she and her friend(s?) did something wrong. Cop punches her because she is stopping him from doing his job. NAACP comes along and says its all the cops fault. Is there something wrong here? :doh:

I really don't see a problem here. But guess what, there was an African American involved so we got NAACP coming and racism too. Never gonna be a cop, can't take it.

He really had no idea what the second woman could have done when she just started assaulting him.

IMO, he responded appropriately. If he just let people keep jumping on him, we could see where that would end up.

I hate it when Police use Dirty Force. But I have to tell you, I see that this officer did a great job of controlling the situation being all alone. He may have popped that young woman but it wasnt some kind of traumatizing brutal injury and the Cop himself was cut and bleeding as well.

Please check out the FULL video.

Full Video

The cop would have been entirely within his right to pull out a taser, club, or even put his hand to his sidearm in that situation. Note how Pinky's boyfriend tried to restrain her, and how she subsequently pushed him away... she made up her mind, she was attacking that officer. She came at him from behind, and in a situation like that, whats to stop her from yanking out the officer's sidearm? I'm almost surprised she didnt, given her clear attitude of "I know better than this police officer."

I'm even more surprised that she didnt go for his weapon given the fact that both of those women have prior violent criminal records:

Rosenthal = Pink shirt busted face girl. She lives in a "Home for Troubled Girls," and has no record of ever attending Seattle public schools.

Levias = girl being arrested for refusing to provide identification to the officer writing her a ticket for jaywalking.

Rosenthal was charged in November with second-degree robbery. According to prosecutors, she punched a 15-year-old boy in the face while she and a group of youths were on their way to a rave in South Seattle last Aug. 28. The boy told police that his cellphone and $20 were stolen in the incident. A 14-year-old boy told police that he was punched in the head and his hat was stolen.

Authorities say the case was dismissed when the boys refused to testify.

In April 2008, Rosenthal was charged with third-degree theft after she allegedly stole a minivan in Tukwila, prosecutors said. Kent police said she used a screwdriver to break the ignition and start the vehicle.

The charge was later amended to theft of a motor vehicle. Rosenthal was given a deferred disposition — charges would be dropped if she stayed out of trouble — because it was a first-time offense, said Ian Goodhew, deputy chief of staff for Prosecuting Attorney Dan Satterberg.

Levias was charged in February 2009 with third-degree assault after she allegedly pushed a King County sheriff's deputy down.

According to charging documents, on Feb. 3, 2009, deputies were called to the Ruth Dykeman Children's Center, a Burien center for troubled girls, in response to a report that Levias was being abusive toward staff. When Levias was confronted by Deputy Amy Zarelli, she pushed the female deputy, causing her to fall, charging papers said.

Levias was given a deferred disposition because it was a first-time offense, Goodhew said.

Sounds like a punch in the face is exactly what the doctor ordered for this one...

Also who's to say she didnt attack him because he was a white officer as opposed to a black one?

I honestly think both parties were in the wrong.. The women should have never resisted arrest and the cop should have never struck the other women. I think he should have backed off and called backup. Then he should have followed the women until backup arrived. He is just lucky that things didn't get much worse. That being said, I dont blame him for what he did. In the heat of the moment, I can understand his actions.

Only the girls are wrong here. Yeah the officer struck a girl but hes a cop after all, they can do things in certain situations (especially, if that idiot tried to stop him from cuffing the girl, what kind of move is that?)