Resisting Arrest

Rokkaholik

Resisting is resisting... I don't care if you are male or female or what your age is... But I do think this cop will be facing some REAL heat once the Jackson/Sharpton duo flip this into a race issue...

http://www.komonews.com/news/local/96413004.html#idc-cover

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Looking at that video as far as I am concerned he didn't do anything wrong. He was trying to arrest the first female and the 2nd one jumped in sucks to be her.

I've seen a lot of police abuse videos but I don't think this is one of abuse. When you resist arrest you are putting yourself into a position where an officer will use pain-compliance. When you physically put your hands on an officer in an attempt to prevent another's arrest, I believe you have committed a felony or two. 17 years old is old enough to know better and in most states be charged and serve prison time for those felonies. I'm sure he didn't get a chance to ask her age before she placed herself between the officer and the offender. His throwing a punch may or may not be procedure for that scenario but I think she's lucky he didn't use a nightstick, tazer, or his sidearm.

I'm not normally on the officer's side in these things but this one looks a bit different to me. Sometimes you act like an a$$ and you get punched in the face. Whether I agree or not when an officer stops me I am polite and compliant. If arrested or given a ticket you'll get your day in court soon enough. A jaywalking ticket is nothing to physically push an officer for or even raise your voice. I'm not about bowing down before "the man" but there is no need to poke a bear with a stick either.

That's just how I see this one. I'm sure others may see it differently and I wouldn't be surprised or really disagree. There are way too many instances of abuse by law enforcement caught on video.

Is he serious? Is he serious? ........... Is he serious?

Anyway, I think he did the right thing. Jeez, those girls could've just calmed down a bit.

The officer is a bigger idiot. He should have controlled himself.

Cant see what led up to it but its a bit over the top for someone crossing the street in the wrong place (is that the definition of jaywalking) . That law isn't enforced in NZ. Cop would likely be charged with common assault for punching a minor. End of career.

Not much communication coming from the cop before or after the girl pushed him or after the punch was thrown. Cant help feel he needed to be talking a whole lot more and maybe things wouldn't have got to this state.

Cant see what led up to it but its a bit over the top for someone crossing the street in the wrong place (is that the definition of jaywalking) . That law isn't enforced in NZ. Cop would likely be charged with common assault for punching a minor. End of career.

Not much communication coming from the cop before or after the girl pushed him or after the punch was thrown. Cant help feel he needed to be talking a whole lot more and maybe things wouldn't have got to this state.

From the emotional state that obnoxious beyotch was in, I doubt the cop ever knew her age. It's irrelevant anyway. He was doing his job, enforcing a law and in trying to perform his job, he was interrupted by someone else either verbally or physically, which is also against the law. It falls under obstruction of justice to begin with, and once she layed her hands on him, she now can be charged with possible assault along with the resisting arrest since he told her he was arresting her.

The whole thing is easily avoidable if you just shut your mouth and do as your told, but as we all know, some people can't do that.

Honestly, I feel sorry for the officer trying to do his job and having all those morons standing there catching the entire thing on video. I'm pretty sure he'll get plenty of crap from his fellow officers for not being able to handle a girl too :whistling: A few times when there were 2 chicks against him, he left his firearm side completely exposed as well which is a BIG NO-NO. At any time, a real scuffle with a real POS would have resulted in that officer losing his own gun, followed by probably being shot with it.

This is where the pepper spray or taser would/should have been used. She got all the warnings she needed and then some. In fact, I think she had more chances then she should have gotten.

That cop was in a really crappy situation there. He hit the person who was assisting the suspect in escaping. And he knows in the back of his mind that it may have been a mistake and now he has a crowd of people swarming him with cameras and cell phones. He is all by himself and someone could come at him from any angle.

He really needs to hit the gym or that little girl is tough as hell because he had a real hard time getting control of her. He should have tossed her to the ground but he was probably feeling foolish for hitting the one girl and was avoiding getting rough with the one he was trying to cuff.

This is a prime example of why I am not a cop.

Once a cop puts someone under arrest, you better just comply and handle things in court. Struggling, even if you are 100% in the right, can stack felonies on top of whatever they're giving you and also (sometimes) requires the cop to use force. In this case the cop used about as minimal force as necessary and did his job as a huge group of people started surrounding just him. The situation easily could have gotten out of control.