Kinect for XBOX 360

DeathNote

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

$150 for a gimmicky sensor bar? Pass.

well idk if i would say that. the tech is pretty sweet , but still. too high especially considering we would have to shell out even more cash for the games

I think $150 is a little high, but I still think its something worth looking into.

I also will say that I think it needs to be $99 to sell. At that point, I might consider actually buying it for a few of the games (like Dance Central, and you cant forget the Wii Fit copy, Your Shape)

I think $150 is a little high, but I still think its something worth looking into.

I also will say that I think it needs to be $99 to sell. At that point, I might consider actually buying it for a few of the games (like Dance Central, and you cant forget the Wii Fit copy, Your Shape)

i might buy it at 99.. Sony's Move is $50 tho!! i know the Move isnt as advanced and didnt cost nearly as much to develope, but come on. Kinect better be astounding or chalk another one up for team Sony

i might buy it at 99.. Sony's Move is $50 tho!! i know the Move isnt as advanced and didnt cost nearly as much to develope, but come on. Kinect better be astounding or chalk another one up for team Sony

What i dont like about Move is that its basically a Wii controller.

I like the idea of the Wii, but I would never buy one because holding a controller to do moving gameplay isn't natural.

Kinect will allow you to have moving gameplay that feels natural. No controller required.

What i dont like about Move is that its basically a Wii controller.

I like the idea of the Wii, but I would never buy one because holding a controller to do moving gameplay isn't natural.

Kinect will allow you to have moving gameplay that feels natural. No controller required.

Somehow, I don't think it'll feel natural for racing games when you aren't even gripping a wheel to drive. How is that supposed to be natural? Even little kids use a hunk of cardboard when they pretend to drive.. :P

Like ShallowBay said, the PS Move is 50 bucks. If you don't have an Eye camera, you get the controller, the camera, and a game for 100. And the Eye camera works with any PS3 system ever launched.. hell, you can even use the PS Eye camera from the PS2 days on it! Though you won't get the built in mic like the PS3 cam has.

My question about all of this is what was wrong with the SIXAXIS controls? I personally find that to be the best form of movement control. When I used sixaxis in games it actually felt fluid and simple, most of all it was fun. I don't see the attractiveness in the Wii controls, PS Move, or Kinect because it's all just too much work, a game should be enjoyable and relaxing, if you want a game to test you then just set it to a higher difficulty. The day I can't complete games without leaving the couch is the day I drop gaming as a fun thing to do.