The IT Crowd

Andrewr05

Im an Aussie and i generally prefer american humour, although most of my friends dont understand alot of it.

Im probably the only person in my city that watches the colbert report... and loves it.

I prefer the big bang theory > IT crowd, but i still enjoy the IT crowd every now and then :)

There's certainly no "right or wrong", but I do find a good deal of American humour thoroughly enjoyable.

However, the differences between US/UK humour are fairly stark - the US humour often relies on more of a 'slapstick' and 'in your face' approach, with the UK often reliant on broaching 'taboo' issues quite a lot or being totally out of the ordinary.

There's merits to both, but I do prefer a more intellectual style of comedy (which I might add, is certainly not exclusive to the UK - plenty of American comedy does this well!).

There's certainly no "right or wrong", but I do find a good deal of American humour thoroughly enjoyable.

However, the differences between US/UK humour are fairly stark - the US humour often relies on more of a 'slapstick' and 'in your face' approach, with the UK often reliant on broaching 'taboo' issues quite a lot or being totally out of the ordinary.

There's merits to both, but I do prefer a more intellectual style of comedy (which I might add, is certainly not exclusive to the UK - plenty of American comedy does this well!).

I think some of it has to do with our TV laws vs your TV laws... over across the pond it seems like you can same pretty much anything you please, while over here you're paying fines left and right if you accidentally say some of those 4 letter words.

I think some of it has to do with our TV laws vs your TV laws... over across the pond it seems like you can same pretty much anything you please, while over here you're paying fines left and right if you accidentally say some of those 4 letter words.

Yeah, we are probably quite lenient in comparison to the US in that respect, but ironically, I would have thought you folk are more "de-sensitized" to all the horrible things that are said and gore that is shown?

Who gives. So long as we all laugh.

IT Crowd teaser advert quote from Moss:

"I came here to drink milk and kick áss. And I've just finished my milk ... "

Obviously we all know where the influence for this line came from ;)

Yeah, we are probably quite lenient in comparison to the US in that respect, but ironically, I would have thought you folk are more "de-sensitized" to all the horrible things that are said and gore that is shown?

Who gives. So long as we all laugh.

Quite the opposite actually, the United States is a seafood when it comes to graphic/mature content in broadcasted television.

IT Crowd teaser advert quote from Moss:

"I came here to drink milk and kick áss. And I've just finished my milk..."

i can just picture Moss saying that :lol:

DN FTW BTW

• 1 month later...