Medal of Honor Multiplayer Beta

greengiant912

Are you seriously bored? Medal of Honor Beta PC Live Stream lol

http://www.justin.tv/dark4boochie

Maybe I should try something like this sometime.

Well maybe that guy just isn't very good at the game but it seems like there was a lot of random nade tossing and all other sorts of impressive asplosions going on there. I'm pretty sure I'm going to have to pass on this game if it can't stray from the same crap that every other shooter has turned into.

that 11 minute video about did it for me haha. Hopefully I make some money this weekend at work and will pre-order. Medal of Honor games have come a lllooonnggg way since the last time I played one of their games.

Just finished a 3 hour session. It was ok and fun.

Things I liked:

More weapon customizations than BC2, but there were only like 8-9 levels per class.

Support Actions (somewhat like kill streaks, but its earned based on your score. The highest one I unlocked was the guide-able missile, someone said it was the hellfire. They aren't overpowered and they aren't easily chain-able, you might get lucky if they all spawn in one area.)

This new hitbox system over the crappy BC2 one (MoH uses a skeletal hitbox, has good hit detection)

Ammo/Health boxes through the map (I think the ammo refills instantly on a cooldown, but idk about the health. Since I mostly use them for ammo)

Sniping is fun again, because of the new hit box.

Player movements are smooth and don't feel as clunky as BC2.

Things I didn't like:

Guns are way too accurate (snipe people with full auto)

Very little recoil (not even enough that you need to counteract. hence sniping with full auto)

There is no exit button during map loading, so you have to spawn first before you can leave the server.

Seems like you need to come to a full stop after sprinting before you can zoom (this was probably added in for balancing)

Just finished a 3 hour session. It was ok and fun.

Things I liked:

More weapon customizations than BC2, but there were only like 8-9 levels per class. I think there will be more once the game is completely released

Support Actions (somewhat like kill streaks, but its earned based on your score. The highest one I unlocked was the guide-able missile, someone said it was the hellfire. They aren't overpowered and they are easily chain-able, you might get lucky if they all spawn in one area.) About all I've seen while playing is the basic Mortar and UAV

This new hitbox system over the crappy BC2 one (MoH uses a skeletal hitbox, has good hit detection) Hard to tell (reason will be stated later)

Ammo/Health boxes through the map (I think the ammo refills instantly on a cooldown, but idk about the health. Since I mostly use them for ammo) Helps eliminate the ammo box and health box problems BF is known for

Sniping is fun again, because of the new hit box. Sniping was always fun

Player movements are smooth and don't feel as clunky as BC2. Eh, hard to tell because all the servers/players seem to lag right now

Things I didn't like:

Guns are way too accurate (snipe people with full auto) Oh god yes! My M21 is virtually useless when I can just use a M4 to snipe...

Very little recoil (not even enough that you need to counteract. hence sniping with full auto) Nailed it right here

There is no exit button during map loading, so you have to spawn first before you can leave the server. A minor annoyance, but something that should be changed nonetheless

Seems like you need to come to a full stop after sprinting before you can zoom (this was probably added in for balancing) I actually like this change, no more MW2-syndrome

Because of all the lag (and full-auto sniping) I've yet to get a real good "Score Chain" going nor have I really tested the new hitbox system. Looking forward to updates to the client (hopefully at the same time as the other guys this time instead of the beta twelve hours late). My opinions in orange....

lol I tried reassigning my controls (I use ESDF and A for crouch), and strafe left and right are backwards. My strafe right was actually my strafe left, and vice versa. Kinda funny when I first tried to play after reassigning the controls... but yeah, lots of minor things they need to iron out lol.

I'm sure they will nerf the accuracy of the automatic weapons a little bit for the final release. I definitely agree about the exit button. One of the biggest rules of software design is to empower the user. This makes me feel annoyed and powerless lol.

I'll be playing a little bit tonight, but I have family that came in yesterday so it won't be for long.

Played 3 games today and made 3 videos :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E_T4YBvqIxo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LuuR72yBDg4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g8ZbH22Ow6Q

The movement in this game is very smooth. Much better than BC2. Easier to do close quarters combat and just move around.

There is no Prone, Lean, or Active Cover in the multiplayer, but all three will be in the singleplayer.

There is some recoil in the game, but you can't see it from the video. I'll make a video of the recoil on every gun with a zoomed in shot later.

You can basically shoot long distance on full auto, which isn't a good thing.

The hit dectection works very good. It uses a different system from BC2, they said it was called Skeletal Hitbox.

Would I recommend this game? IDK, its not a black and white descision. If BC2 never came out, then I would say yes. However I've already bought the game and enjoy playing every minute of it.

output.gif <- lol from video #3. Double knife kill and a rolling death animation.

Want a Beta Key for MoH? I got a friend testing this out right now.

This is a direct copy from Plates Of Chips in the EA UK community forum

1- Go to http://www.gamespot.com/event/codes/command-conquer-4-open/.

take a new username or use you already have, to take beta code for cc4

2-Now use your beta code @ Beta Key Redemption | Medal of Honor

Just got code for PS3 and PC, downloaded and installed PS3 one but I need Bad Company 2 VIP to use early access.

Hope it works for you guys.

CC4 beta code also works with Medal of Honour! Fixed link

Edit this works. I'm making a new topic of it.

So for you hardcore BC2 fans, which is better? ...BC2 or MoH?

The action looks faster paced. From the videos I've seen the maps don't seem to show many alternate routes. Is that how the maps feel? Thats one thing I don't like about BC2 ...if a team is really good at camping there are some maps you are just flat out screwed because there is no side route, underground route, etc..

Really like how there are no vehicles - I think they distract too much from the whole shooting with your pixelated gun theme.

as of right now its BC2 > MoH by far for me. It is wayyy more fast paced than BC2, but to me, not in a good way. Maps feel smaller than my bathroom and you die almost instantly with no chance to find any cover from someone you never see. I've only played 2 times but I am not impressed thus far.