d3bruts1d

Are you getting the iPhone 4?

75 members have voted

1. 1. Are you getting the iPhone 4?

• Yes, pre-ordering mine.
    • Yes, but not pre-ordering it. Going to wait in line.
    • Yes, but not preordering it. I'll get it later.
    • Undecided.
    • No, not getting the iPhone 4
    • No, it is not available on my wireless carrier otherwise I would
    • No, what I have is good enough for me.
    • No, I don't have/use cell phones
    • No, sticking with an older iPhone for now
    • No, cannot justify the cost right now.
    • No, some other reason.

Looks like AT&T Evo derivative, assuming they dont Gimp it to make the iPhone *look* good, there certainly is a great alternative.

Its a given that they will gimp it though. They haven't proven otherwise with the moto backflip.

Given those specs I have no reason to change my mind with going to Verizon and all. Incredible FTW.

Given those specs I have no reason to change my mind with going to Verizon and all. Incredible FTW.

You might want to hold off a bit and see what the Droid X and Droid 2 have to offer. They should be out late this summer.

Voted no.

I do love how Apple fan's have just accepted that there device will not last more than 1-1.5 years. Tragic!

Kash saying "I want to throw my 3G against a wall" ? When I bet less than a year ago it was the best thing since sliced bread.

I have had my Sony Ericsson W810i for close to 4 years now. IT still works just as well as it did on day one. (Maybe a little shorter battery life. Usually get about 5 days out of a charge)

I would never put up with anything lasting less than 2-3 years. Ideally 4yrs +

Actually, it was the 3.0 software the bogged things down. Both the first gen iPhone and the 3G did exceptionally well on the 2.0 software but then 3.0 came out, the performance drop was very noticeable. It was clearly evident that 3.0 was designed for the 3GS hardware in mind. So the first iPhone performed well for two years, the second iPhone performed well for one year and was satisfactory for one year. The 3GS did great on 3.0 and from what I've heard has been holding its own rather well on 4.0, which means the 3GS will get at least two well performing years. Looks like the 3G was the bastard stepchild that got screwed :P

I update my phone every 18-24 months, so I don't really need anything to last me much longer than that.

I do love how Apple fan's have just accepted that there device will not last more than 1-1.5 years. Tragic!

I have had my Sony Ericsson W810i for close to 4 years now. IT still works just as well as it did on day one. (Maybe a little shorter battery life. Usually get about 5 days out of a charge)

The iPhone is designed with about a 24 month life cycle. I purchased the iPhone 3GS when it was released, which was upgrade from the original iPhone. I almost skipped out on the iPhone 3GS but caved in at the literally the last moment while I was standing in line with a friend that had ordered one. That was 2 years between upgrades, which I find acceptable. I had no plans of getting the iPhone 4 for myself until AT&T changed my eligibility date, and compared to even the 3GS it is a major update. I figure this will last me decently well for at least two years. As much as I use my iPhone for work and personal use, upgrading every two years isn't that big of a deal. - Seriously, ask the staff that was at CES how much I used my iPhone. :P Of course, even before the iPhone the average length I had a phone was only around 2 years.

I would never put up with anything lasting less than 2-3 years. Ideally 4yrs +

It depends on the person and how the device is used. In the scheme of things, it really isn't any different than upgrading components on your PC. I know people that go through hard drives and processors faster than they do laundry. :P

Its a given that they will gimp it though. They haven't proven otherwise with the moto backflip.

You might want to hold off a bit and see what the Droid X and Droid 2 have to offer. They should be out late this summer.
nope three letters E-V-O

Not to hijack my own topic, but here is a preview of the Moto Droid X and the Droid 2. The X looks massive!

No:

1) It's from Apple

2) It's on the ATT network

3) I have a Droid

+1. Or 2 or 3 or 4 if its been covered already. :P

Thing is my contract for my line with tmobile is up soon and I wish to switch carriers so those offerings may be good but are a little late for me.

No.

I did the GoPhone as well

lg Neon $93 Walley World Special.