Saving my RAID-0 on EVGA x58

One of my WD 2500KS drives decided to glitch out and caused a flag to get popped on my RAID manager. Windows 7 no longer boots correctly and constantly starts the boot recovery manager. The RAID utility that flashes up every time I boot up says that the status is Normal and that it is bootable, so I'm thinking just one of the windows files got corrupted that's preventing it from booting.

I boot up into my Knoppix 6.2 disc but found it doesn't read the RAID.

Should I try reinstalling Windows or is there another way I can possibly see if I can still access the RAID to copy my files that I need off of there.

I've been procrastinating reformatting one of my external drives to do a proper backup, any help would be greatly appreciated.

EDIT: I guess really what I need is a way to access my array from outside of windows to transfer the files so I can just do a reformat and not have to deal with the corrupted windows files.

28530_10150208085855384_778245383_1.jpg

I hate to say it but I think you're boned... I cant find any info online that defines what it means to be "normal" but I dont think its a Windows issue... that wouldnt cause a hardware flag to pop, since a corrupted file doesnt necessarily mean the actual hardware is bad. If your Linux doesnt see the RAID then that kinda reinforces that idea that its a bad hard drive, not a bad file. Make sure your Knoppix has the proper drivers from the Intel website, it should still see a drive there even if its an inaccessible one. Maybe if you can get it to see in Knoppix you can recover something, but I dont really know how... good luck :(

Yea, I know it's sad, and you prob didn't like what ebarone sd. But, I think that it is correct. I have been in this same position with my RAID0 boot drive. After getting over the initial feeling of someone punching me in the gut, I started trying to figure out how I could save the data. However, I couldn't find anything on it and thought I was just screwed. I then opened my side panel on my case just to look at everything and noticed that the SATA cable looked slightly out of the port on my mobo, I pushed it in and rebooted, and the error was gone and it was fine. But, I thought it was something else, and could not find any info on saving the data.

Sorry for the bad news :(

Just install windows on another drive along side your current RAID0 and see if you can read the RAID0 data.

Yeah I would try to do that. When you install windows, load the RAID drivers so it will see the array, but choose your other hard drive.

Hate to say it but, what did you expect?

You run a RAID 0, AND keep data you need on it?

If you really must run the placebo that is RAID0, at least dont keep data on it, or if you do, backup daily/weekly/monthly.

I use to run a RAID 0, and nearly had this happen to me too. (mobo failed) Have since decided RAID 0 is a bad bad idea.

Hate to say it but, what did you expect?

You run a RAID 0, AND keep data you need on it?

If you really must run the placebo that is RAID0, at least dont keep data on it, or if you do, backup daily/weekly/monthly.

I use to run a RAID 0, and nearly had this happen to me too. (mobo failed) Have since decided RAID 0 is a bad bad idea.

RAID0 isn't a bad idea, especially from a performance aspect. But PETEZx you are absolutely correct with having to backup the data on a RAID0 array! I have mine set to backup every night, just in case!

krazymonkey, did you ever try installing windows on another drive and booting off of it, like suggested above to see if you could access the data on your RAID0 array?