making a build

la1fas

+1 on 3x2GB Triple Channel RAM on the i7 platform! This RAM was designed to be used with the i7's!!!

Also, for the record, the MSI X58 PRO-E that Nyt suggested is a beast! I use this mobo, and love it! I got it in a combo deal with my i7-930 for a very cheap price, and thought I would just upgrade later to a nicer mobo. But 6 months later, I couldn't be happier! It runs great, everything overclocks like beast, and I don't have any plans to get a new mobo now. It is one of the cheaper 1366 mobo's, but I have been nothing but happy with it :)

Nyt Ryda thank you for the overlocking information, I will surely PM you when I will get my gtx470, or if I will get my gtx470.

SpeedwayNative you mean that 2x3GB is better then 3x2GB?

Also I decided to try buying the parts from http://global.ebay.com/

There are a lot of parts which come from USA, that means it's payed by US Dollars. 1USD = 2.8LTL so that's a great deal for me, because Lithuanian PC stores literally steal cash. ;D

My decisions are always changing, but so far:

Motherboard: GIGABYTE X58A-UD3R

Processor: i7 920

Graphics card: GIGABYTE GTX470

Hard drive: Western Digital 1TB

Memory: CORSAIR DDR3 3X2GB

Power supply: COOLER MASTER 850W

CD/DVD Drive: LG GH22NP20RBBB

Cooler: ZALMAN CNPS9900A

Case: COOLMASTER HAF 932

Since I'm not buying from my retail stores, now I can buy 920 processor and save some money. Any other tips, explanations, advices are always welcome. ;)

Why did you choose Gigabyte for the brand of your 470 ? Theres no such thing as a 3gb ram stick . Don't you want the MSi mobo ? What monitor have you decided to go for ?

Well these are just my thoughts, not my final decisions :)

And I thought that gigabyte or evga are the best in the graphics card market, ain't it? :O

And i thought gygabyte > msi? or not? :)

Again thx Nyt for the response :)

Oh and by the way, I haven't chosen any monitor yet, but I think I'll go for a largest 2ms response, 1900x1080 capable monitor :) by samsung :P

SpeedwayNative you mean that 2x3GB is better then 3x2GB?

LMFAO, it was a typo, sorry for the confusion :) It is corrected now!

Well these are just my thoughts, not my final decisions :)

And I thought that gigabyte or evga are the best in the graphics card market, ain't it? :O

And i thought gygabyte > msi? or not? :)

Again thx Nyt for the response :)

Oh and by the way, I haven't chosen any monitor yet, but I think I'll go for a largest 2ms response, 1900x1080 capable monitor :) by samsung :P

On the Nvidia side I would say MSi and EVGA if it were up to me on the gpu! On the mobo, I have owned both Gigabyte and MSi, been happy with both. But, The MSi X58 PRO-E is just a steal for the $$$! I am getting 2 of these in next week, if you want a good deal on one, $130 + Shipping PM me!

It turned out that I'm aiming too high... I just found out that my budget is 3000LT >>> ~1,100USD

And the prices in my country are not the same as US...

So I found that AMD pc parts sell hell cheaper, so I tried to do something with them.. And I also found out that 6 core AMD processor is 300LT cheaper then i7 930 ;DD

Motherboard: AMD GA-870A-UD3 (GIGABYTE) >>> 356,89 LT

Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T >>> 735,04 LT

Processor cooler: ZALMAN CNPS9900A >>> 143,46 LT

Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 465 (GIGABYTE) >>> 955,82 LT

Hard drive: Western Digital 1TB >>> 258,86 LT

Memory: Corsair DDR3 3x2GB 1333MHZ >>> 527,27 LT

Power supply: -

Case: THERMALTAKE ELEMENT T >>> 217,23 LT

CD/DVD: from my old pc

Card Reader: from my old pc

I went a little over the budged here, but I haven't picked a power supply.

So hows the build? ;/ Does it even fit?

i see, u want amd 6 core good choice,well u have to change ur rams now, amd 6 cores support dual channel rams that are 2x2 gb and not triple channel ,dont worry there not much difference in performance between the two.if u want to save some cash on ur power supply u can go for

Corsair VX550W or Corsair Corsair TX650W if u want modular u can get this one Corsair HX650W

Cooler master GX 550W or Cooler master GX 650W

the gtx 465 isnt priced right ,if in ur country ur getting a 5850 at a similar price point ,id say go for it.

ur system looks solid for gaming and i have one more suggestion i say go for the 890 gx chipset becuz its a crossfire and sli support,while 870 chipset doesnt have it.so in the future u wont regret it.at a similar price u can get this one Biostar TA890GXE or Gigabyte GA-890GPA-UD3H

It turned out that I'm aiming too high... I just found out that my budget is 3000LT >>> ~1,100USD

And the prices in my country are not the same as US...

So I found that AMD pc parts sell hell cheaper, so I tried to do something with them.. And I also found out that 6 core AMD processor is 300LT cheaper then i7 930 ;DD

Motherboard: AMD GA-870A-UD3 (GIGABYTE) >>> 356,89 LT

Processor: AMD Phenom II x6 1055T >>> 735,04 LT

Processor cooler: ZALMAN CNPS9900A >>> 143,46 LT

Graphics card: nVidia GeForce GTX 465 (GIGABYTE) >>> 955,82 LT

Hard drive: Western Digital 1TB >>> 258,86 LT

Memory: Corsair DDR3 3x2GB 1333MHZ >>> 527,27 LT

Power supply: -

Case: THERMALTAKE ELEMENT T >>> 217,23 LT

CD/DVD: from my old pc

Card Reader: from my old pc

I went a little over the budged here, but I haven't picked a power supply.

So hows the build? ;/ Does it even fit?

Well if you want to save a bit more money you could now go down to a 2x2GB set of ram with that CPU. I haven't really heard many positive things about the GTX 465, so a 470 might be the better option if that's in your price range. Have you considered buying some parts used instead of new?

Looks like Joel beat me to it on all my points :thumbsup:

Edited by malmsteenisgod

Thanks for the good feedback guys.

I checked out that mother board that you've told me and its in my price range indeed so I'll change to GIGABYTE GA-890GPA-UD3H.

About the RAM... If i add 2x2GB now I'll save ~200LT and if i will decide to add 2GB more later will it be a problem? Because like you told AMD 6 Core's doesn't support triple channel memory.

Yea I know that 465 sucks hard ;D But it is the only new nVidia card that is in my price range... Gtx 470 is about 1260LT or so... And i thought numerous times about switching to radeon, but something in side me just doesn't want that ;D

And will 550W be enough for that 6core fermi beast? ;D

Again thank you guys for your replies, I really appreciate them. :)

the gtx 465 and 6 core are not power hungry,well if ur goin to oc ur gpu and cpu i would go for the 650 watt,but if ur goin use them at stock the 550w will be more than enough,but 650 watt is better since u can sli,with it.