Sign in to follow this  
Nuclear

Ati Catalyst 4.1 Out

ATi released the new Catalyst 4.1 drivers today. I'm d/l'ing them now, so I'll let you guys know what I think.

EDIT: I'll also have them on my site in about 20 min.

Edited by Nuclear

Well...my results weren't so good. I lost almost 200 points on my stock scores and almost 500 points on my OC'ed score.

But...The system is more stable, these drivers are geared for Stability and not Performance.

core temp and clock speed now displayed in the overdrive window. looks like riva tuner was about 20 degrees off, and probably why the clock speed is stuck in the 2nd teir.

I agree that the performance of my system dropped a little. I lost about 150 points in 3dmark03. But I haven't had any compatibility issues, either. I guess we'll have to see.

Lost 168 points in 3DMark03 on my stock score. Other than that they seem pretty good. Haven't tried it with overclocked speeds yet.

i acually gained 1 piont in 3d mark 03 (5553-5554) but lost 53 cpu marks(604-551)? that sounds wierd.i dont know how a video card driver can afect cpu performence.

Edited by clay31

core temp and clock speed now displayed in the overdrive window. looks like riva tuner was about 20 degrees off, and probably why the clock speed is stuck in the 2nd teir.

I noticed this too. Mine stayed at 63C, although RivaTuner was reading around 40C. ATi is trying, but they've still got some work to do on temp reading and O/D

Since I'm not running an xt card, do you guys think I would be better off using some 3.x drivers instead? I hear that the 4.x drivers are mainly for the xt line.

same question here.. should us non-XT owners need to upgrade(no overdrive). also i don't have any issues now with 3.10... if it aint broke, don't fix it..

-150~300 pts in 3dmk03.. yuck!!