Most Excited for E3

Dariuas

Well I'm not going be playing it on the PS3 but I do kind of feel that putting a sequel on the PS3 like that without the first game is a bit absurd.

wasnt the orange box on the PS3 as well? i believe it was ported by EA(badly)

Lovely day on the show floor.

We started out with the Nintendo show at the Nokia Theater;

When the girls walked out with the 3DS, we had a heart attack thinking

meeting Microsoft's big deal with giving the 360's away, we were going to get one

I can tell you, there was a gasp in the crowd.

So, if you guys watched G4 today; When Oliva Munn was talking about Twitter feeds,

the question came up about Portal 2, and Where is the cake. I was the guy that said

The Cake is a lie!

After browsing all the videos here are the funnest looking games I've seen (I don't have a ps3 so I won't bother with those):

Kirby, looks like a great game, top of my list and I've never played a kirby game. (Looks different from other kirby games I realize.)

zeldasince it probably is like the others which are cool, hope the next one changes the formula and/or setting though

Portal 2 though the suprise sucked

3ds looks cool, though too bad I hate handhelds

enslaved though I'm not sure I'd be interested if I hadn't read a good portion of Journey to the West but it looks great and unique-ish

Donkey Kong Country Returns, I've always wanted a new one, though it's not made by rare so it could suck but it looks cool so I'm hopeful, wish the art style was more like the old ones.

Nostalgia, Epic Mickey, probably will be good

Castlevania Lords of Shadow, it looks cool but can't tell if it'll be as great as it looks. I like castlevania soo..

Halo: reach

other ones I find interesting:

metroid other m

Phantasy Star Portable 2, not the PSP 2 most people want.

RAGE

Stuff that looks dumb:

kinect and all similar things.

My comments in orange:

After browsing all the videos here are the funnest looking games I've seen (I don't have a ps3 so I won't bother with those):

Kirby, looks like a great game, top of my list and I've never played a kirby game. (Looks different from other kirby games I realize.)

- seriously? Uch, I thought Kirby's EpicYarn looked awful. 2D side-scroller with graphics that could have been done 15 years ago? Meh.

zeldasince it probably is like the others which are cool, hope the next one changes the formula and/or setting though

- It's Zelda, so I'm sure it'll do well, however, all I was thinking when I saw the demo at the Nintendo conf was "Link in Mario World." I mean seriously...giant mushrooms and venus flytraps? Add on the fact that the controls were awful, and I just don't know about this. The guy couldn't even use the bow and arrow, claiming "wireless interference" :rolleyes:, and then the bomb throwing was so out of sync and didn't work half the time as well. Oh, and I didn't like how the flying beetle would just "snap back" to you when it was out of time...horrible transitioning.

Portal 2 though the suprise sucked

- Trailer was freaking sweet! So glad GlaDOS is back, and just as hilarious as always! Although not much gameplay was shown, the environments did seem more varied this time (vegetation!)

3ds looks cool, though too bad I hate handhelds

- How could you say 3DS looks cool when it's impossible to actually see how it is without being in person? From what I've heard, it's just like those hologram cards or the Samsung glasses-free 3DTV we saw at CES 2009, where it only looks 3D if you're staring right at it and not moving your head. According to several people, if you look away for a second, you lose the image, and it takes a few seconds your brain re-registers the 3D image. The only good thing about the 3DS is that there's a slider to turn it off, you can take 3D pictures (though fairly pointless without other means of viewing them besides on your 3DS), and the addition of the "slide pad".

enslaved though I'm not sure I'd be interested if I hadn't read a good portion of Journey to the West but it looks great and unique-ish

- don't know anything about it, but certainly looks intriguing.

Donkey Kong Country Returns, I've always wanted a new one, though it's not made by rare so it could suck but it looks cool so I'm hopeful, wish the art style was more like the old ones.

- Based on the footage they showed at the Nintendo conf, this looks exactly like the original did on the SNES, so I dunno what you're talking about. Same exact graphics, same style, same gimmicks. Doesn't look like they're bringing anything new to the series.

Nostalgia, Epic Mickey, probably will be good

- seems like one of those games that will either be really cool or suck horribly. The painting/paint-thinning aspect seems a bit odd, but I guess we'll have to see how it really plays out. The 3D platformer aspect of the game seemed a little too old school for me, with exaggerated jumping, but we'll see.

Castlevania Lords of Shadow, it looks cool but can't tell if it'll be as great as it looks. I like castlevania soo..

- can't really comment since they haven't shown a video yet...at least I haven't seen it.

Halo: reach

- People still play Halo? lol. From the video shown at the MS conf, doesn't seem like the graphics or gameplay has been updated at all, so just more of the same. After seeing the hardcore-ness of Killzone 3, Halo: Reach looks like a kiddie game.

What do you mean? I think sony did pretty good, and I didn't even get to see all of it, all I saw was the portal 2 part. Microsoft would have done better if they did anything other than the Kinect, in my opinion there isn't anything the kinect does that can't be done on a pc, so it's really not innovative or revolutionary technology, just the same stuff with small enhancements.

Last Night I watched the feed myself instead of just relying on what I've read and I'm going to eat my words. The Sony presentation was very good. But it was not because some pompus fat guy admitting he sold out on his beliefs for money and announcing Portal 2. Why should I get excited over a familar voice and a robot building a floor? That was the lamest excuse of a presentation, I'm sorry. This game comes out in 2011 and that's the most you can show me after being that pompus over being a sellout?! Unless you're a rabid fan ...for the rest of us, that sucked. If you're coming over to the darkside (consoles) give the fans something more during the 1 show that means the most (E3) to not just people in the industry but gamers around the world. Can't believe I waited that long just to see what all the fuss was about.

Outside of that no filler arrogant presentation, I'll eat my own words and agree Sony had the best presentation for the following reasons:

- Instead of only relying on old titles, they actually introduced a new title that looks like it will be a blast to play - Sorcery

- They had the most exclusive (kick arse) games

- They not only introduced their answer to Motion Control, they improved it - ...I do need to watch Microsoft's Kinect to see how accurate it looks

- They introduced their answer to being a family friendly system

- They introduced their answer to XBL

XBox 360 Game that looks fun:

- Gears of War 3

PS3 Games that look fun:

- Sorcery

- Little Big Planet 2 ...and I never played the 1st

- Killzone 3 ...same, never played 2

InFamous 2 looks cool, but they need to include more gameplay footage before I can say it "looks" fun, but I almost put it on the list

Wii Game that looks fun:

- Metroid Other M

As HUGE GoldenEye fan, I would love to put it on the list ...but it looked lame. I noticed they didn't even mention who is developing it - Activision in case anyone is curious, assuming Wikipedia is right. It's too legendary to put it on lame Wii graphics and wacky controls. As a big Zelda fan, I really would like to put it on the list ...but c'mon it looked lamer the previous incarnations that I couldn't even get into.

So not a huge list on any one side, but Sony is giving me 3.5 games that I'm really excited about where as the other two have 1 for me.

So I eat my words

- Sony wins

- MoH looks like a game I'm now extremely excited about