Sign in to follow this  
PeeWee90

Mortal Online

Hey guys, this game is really worth taking a look at! Been playing it since early beta and today is the long awaited release! :D

Mortal Online

Unlike what AoC did, this game really sticks to being a mature game and there are few restrictions of what one can do, there are no quests, no levels, no "need to do"!

It's completely sandbox and totally awesome, and i would like to recommend it to anyone sick of WoW and such but still wants to play a nice MMORPG with a nice community!

Sandbox MMO sounds very fun. I used to play Silkroad, and that constant strive to be the max level and have godly items was making me wither mentally. I'll give it a go if it's not too expensive.

Heh. Waited for the countdown and refreshed the page after it was at zero and i'm getting database errors...haha

edit: okay it's back. i think the weather system looks fantastic. this may be the kind of MMO i like. I'm a little hesitant to try it for about ~$47USD though.

Same here. It's because you need to do an age verification before you can get in. Start from google search... mortal online. Trailer preview looks nice. I might try it.

Took the plunge...downloading the client now. I should be able to play it later this afternoon.

man. they sure seem to be having trouble right now. i downloaded the client, installed, and it said it couldn't connect to the servers. so, i research and find this is a common problem - and that it at one point had to do with the installer. now i'm trying to redownload the installer file, and it's only pulling at ~15kb/s.

man. they sure seem to be having trouble right now. i downloaded the client, installed, and it said it couldn't connect to the servers. so, i research and find this is a common problem - and that it at one point had to do with the installer. now i'm trying to redownload the installer file, and it's only pulling at ~15kb/s.

Is the installer directly from their site? I really wish these kind of sites would rely on megaupload or torrents to do that kind of thing for them, it's really much more efficient for everyone. Especially since MMO games, or at least the ones I've seen, have a pretty decent sized installer.

Yep, straight from their site. Tried both what seemed to be the new installer versus the "beta" installer. both having trouble. I'm downloading "patches" someone torrented up in their forums, but not many are seeding and it's taking ages as well.

well, they did go live today, so there are some problems to be expected. I'm DL'ing right now, at about 15kbs as well. Does anybody see a demo or anything. I am seriously considering buying it, but I do want to try it first.

(anybody else think this looks like an online version of Morrowind?)

I've just read that their download servers, beyond their control, are having trouble and that supposedly it's being worked on.

finally got the patcher to work. should be on my last patch before I can get into the game!