Sign in to follow this  
InvaderTrax

34th Is Ours!

I have them set to FAH only now, I just set it like that yesterday so they wouldn't all be working on the same WU. The ones that have turned in WUs today have gotten different Tinker WUs, so I think the problem is fixed. There is no point of them all working on the same WU anyway, so even if I don't get points at least they are doing something useful.

The 2.53GHz P4 is back up. I got the heatsink retention bracket today, and it is almost finished a WU. It had been down for over a week because I couldnt mount a heatsink.

I retired the Pentium 2 yesterday. I had a choice between my T-bird or the P2, so I chose the T-bird. It works 5x faster than the pentium 2 did, and it only cost $232.97 to build.

1.33GHz T-bird - $89.99

MSI K7T266 Pro2 - $129.99

Network card - $12.99

I already had the case, memory, HDD and CD-ROM, so it was a cheap computer, and it is pretty fast. I might unlock it today and raise the multi, but I haven't decided yet.

huzzah i am stupid :D . i got my case/mobo problem fixed (there really wasn't any problem :D ) and i should hopefully have my xp up this week if i can get windows xp. should break 500 points sometime tommorow. :D

There is no point of them all working on the same WU anyway, so even if I don't get points at least they are doing something useful.

Ummm... yes there is :) though they might be working on what appears to be the same WU... it'll be a different variant ie. Clone XX or Run YY or Gen ZZ and the point is score! score! and more lovely [email protected] score! :D

Your decision though... your machines after all :P

NOTE: MacNN is 16579.2 points behind @ Jan 26 16:08:25 PST 2004...

we seem to have reclaimed some distance lost yesterday. :)

I just ordered an SP-94 for my 2.6C. I am hoping to hit 250MHz FSB with it and the stock fan (92mm Delta, 110 cfm)

Just think of the extra folding power :D

The 2.53GHz P4 just turned in a Tinker :)

The T-bird and the 2.6C are almost finished. The 2800+ and 2600+ are both about 25% done. The 2.6C will be finished another sometime tonight, it is currently at 34%

Next weekend I will set up the P2 and the 1.3GHz P4 if I can find space. I got a large shelf to put the computers and monitors on, so I should have some more space when i set it up. I will have 6 or 7 computers with 4 monitors.

I might not be able to set up the 1.3GHz P4, because i don't have a video card for it. I have a case, but it doesn't have any sides or drive bay covers. the main issue is the video card, as even the cheapest cards are close to $100 around here. It might have to wait for a while, unless i go to a discount shop where they sell generic cards for $50.

Why'd you get PC2100 for a 2500+?? I doubt you'll get stock speeds out of it

because i didn't have much money and they were 9.99 each after rebates.

I just got a nice surprise. The T-bird I bought yesterday is already unlocked. I changed the multi to 10.5 in the BIOS, and it posted @ 1.4GHz. Going to try for 1.53GHz tonight, and possibly more tomorrow. This should speed up Folding quite a bit. :D

1.53GHz = 11.5x133

Edit: Stable @ 1.47GHz, but won't load Windows @ 1.53. I still have to experiment with voltage. I should be able to hit 1.6GHz easily with 1.825V

I have two more Tinkers that will be completed within the next 3 hours. Two more will be completed tomorrow aternoon, and 3 more will be finished early tomorrow evening. Hopefully this weekend I will get two more computers running. I just need a case and a video card for one of them.

I'm really gonna need more than my Athlon and a PII running 24/7 to keep my rank, but Paranoid is off my threats list, so I must be doing something right :P