Who Here Believes In God?

Dynamic

nVidia being god and not delivering what the said they would

ATi being science and delivering it right the first time :P

good one but I was referring to what gave away that we're not going to get anywhere arguing.

For me it was the fact that it had been done millions of times before and never worked. Maybe if we just ignore religion and it's subordinates, they'll go away? And then we can do real stuff like discover time travel and taking control of sausages with our minds.

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

nVidia being god and not delivering what the said they would

ATi being science and delivering it right the first time :P

Wouldn't God be ATI with "Infinity" (Eyefinity) and science being Nvidia with "Physics" (PhysX)?

Tell me this, why wont god do the following if he is so powerful.

Why won’t god heal amputees? There are cases where people claim to have been healed by miracles. One can’t help but to notice that these are in almost every case things that might just have got better anyway. he could if he wanted but he doesnt, i cant answer because i dont know what his will is for all things, but the bible does say that those he approves of after judgment are healed of all things that affected them on earthly terms.

Why are there so many starving people in our world? If you propound that God listens to you and answers your prayers, how can you believe that he answered your prayers for a raise and yet allows millions to die from starvation and disease? i wish there werent and as sad as it truly is, the bible said that it would be a part of many peoples lives and in time it would spread... it uses the word famine

Why does God demand the death of so many innocent people in the bible? There are probably more than you realize – the demands listed in the post (to kill anyone who works on the sabbath day, homosexuals, girls that are not virgins when they marry etc.) just scratch the surface. And ‘the bible corrects itself elsewhere’ isn’t a defence; how can you full heartedly trust something that contradicts itself? most of these were old testament things, it changes when Jesus comes and thats how its been. i agree some of it sounds unfair but that doesnt mean it is, we cannot know what Gods overall plans are so what we think is not fair may have just been a need to happen event acoording to his will. i can explain this in better detail later if you wish so you will understand but im just trying to answer these for now.

Why does the bible contain so much anti-scientific nonsense? Such as the idea that the universe is only a couple of thousand years old, that Jonah lived inside a whale for 3 days etc.

Why is God such a huge proponent of slavery in the bible? The post includes examples of how ’slaves should obey their masters as they would obey Christ’, amongst others. Personally I would substitute this one for something else. Perhaps ‘why is God so jealous and unforgiving in the old testament?’ this relates to the one i said i could go into better detail later...... but who says he is unforgiving at that time? only after standing before God can they be judged..... remember Jesus had not yet come and take the burden of all sin yet.

Why didn’t any of Jesus’ miracles in the bible leave behind any evidence? It’s quite strange. All we really have is a book compiled 200 years after his death, written mostly by people who never met him. it left behind evidence even as we speak..... Jesus is the most talked about man to ever have walked the earth, and its been thousands of years since his death. must have left quite an impression to still be as popular as he still is today. also writings of Jesus appearing to certain people after he rose from death after 3 days, but funny thing is they got news that he had been crucified and died at a later date due to the distance news had to travel back then. then they again recieved new later yet that he had risen. this couldnt have been faked, its documented that about 35 people he shown himself to all over vast distances yet they all recorded the accounts of seeing him on the same day. they simply had no means to communicate that fast at the time.

How do we explain the fact that Jesus has never appeared to you? If he’s all-powerful and timeless, why wait for a second-coming? again his timing is not ours, time doesnt apply to him, the bible says a thousand years is as only a day to the lord, to give comparison of how it really has no affect on him

Why would Jesus want you to eat his body and drink his blood? If you actually consider this for a second, it sounds more Satanic than Christian. And no, if you are Catholic as opposed to a derivative such as an Anglican, you believe that you are really consuming Jesus’ flesh and blood. this is simply what Jesus said during the last supper and he said that he does this so that they remember the blood that he would spill for him and his body/life that would be given also so that he would take the sin of mankind all upon himself.

Why do Christians get divorced at the same rate as non-Christians? “What God has put together, let no man put asunder”. But it happens regardless. this is true but its like seeing a speed limit sign of 65mph people break the speed limit everyday and simply dont register even have seen the sign.

Source:http://www.orangeacid.net

You can edit posts to include more, its on the bottom right of every post you make. :teehee:

good one but I was referring to what gave away that we're not going to get anywhere arguing.

For me it was the fact that it had been done millions of times before and never worked. Maybe if we just ignore religion and it's subordinates, they'll go away? And then we can do real stuff like discover time travel and taking control of sausages with our minds.

we already are time traveling, forward every second.

Thread would be closed if it were up to me.

This isn't ATi vs. nVidia, we're not going to get anywhere arguing back and forth.

closed why? because you dont agree with the topic or dont understand?

http://www.funnyjunk.com/funny_pictures/242651/God+is+a+troll/

I think the bottom line and conclusion from this thread is: God = fake and gay, Science = Human Evolution.

Plz prove me wrong so that I can go and shoot myself. Extra challenge - try to NOT use reference to the bible.

dont look for the specifications for any computer upgrades you purchase in the future

closed why? because you dont agree with the topic or dont understand?

because it's silly to argue about real and fictional things and it's a waste of time for everybody. Why we keep arguing...I can not answer. Maybe you should ask your god. I'll ask those sausages I was takin about earlier, I bet we'll get the same answer.