Office Chair.

So I wouldn't say I am a total Fat arse, but I am a fairly big guy. This leads to me going threw office chairs every year or so. Last night my chair broke :-\, so I need a new one. I am sick of having to buy a new chair every year or so. Anyone know of any good office chairs that are really sturdy?

I too broke my chair and am in the market for a new one. I would prefer one with metal armrests since my last one had plastic ones and split after 2 years.

Suffice it to say, I shall be following this thread.

You need to look at chairs that are designed for extended use.

Here in the UK, these types of chair are called "heavy duty operator chairs" or "24 hour operation chairs", etc...

I too was sick of buying budget chairs that would become sloppy or break after a year or so, and decided to buy the best chair I could afford from a local office showroom... I highly recommend visiting one to try the seats out rather than buying (without trying) online...

The chair cost £350 I think, which seems a lot initially, but it's outlived several other chairs combined, and is still going strong

I own this chair.. had it for 6 or 7 years now. I've used it every single day for 4 or 5 of those years with probably 10 hours use each day. When I lived on campus for 2 years, they provided a chair so I didn't get to use it again until I moved off campus this past year. Its only now started to go out slightly where it leans just a bit to the left side. Its a nice chair though, best one I've used. More then enough for my large frame and like I said, never had any issues up until about a few months ago.

Apparently its available only online now.. I was able to try it out in the store when I bought it ages ago. :lol: If they have it great, if not, I'd look at Office Max or something and consider something from the Big & Tall line they have.

I had a nice one back when I was living at home. Cost about $120 or so and held sturdy for years. Current one that just broke was probably $50-$60; the "leather" on the seat was cracked and the right armrest just snapped one day. I was holding it together with duct tape and then tossed it when I moved to my new place about a week ago. I've been using a folding chair since then, haven't really had much time to go shopping for a new chair.

I used to use a folding chair, but I went through about 4 of them (they were just generic Walmart chairs. One actually exploded from my brother sitting on it. It just kind of gave out and sent parts of it flying everywhere when it hit the grounds. Keep in mind that neither my brother or I are obese or anything. It was just a really crappy chair).

Now I just some chair from Staples. It's ok.

I will have to save up for something... It sucks I can't really afford anything right now.

One of the things I might try and see if my school has any surplus office equipment that they are selling, they have some fairly good chairs, might try and pick them up if they have any.

Step 1: Buy any chair you like the feel of at an office supplies store

Step 2: Buy the offered protection plan on the chair, usually $5-35 for your "normal" chairs ($300 and under)

Step 3: Use chair

Step 4: Kill chair

Step 5: Use plan to get new chair/money

Step 6: repeat

Honestly I've seen people have a caster break on a $350 chair and rather than fix it the warranty company Cash Cards it out.

So I wouldn't say I am a total Fat arse, but I am a fairly big guy. This leads to me going threw office chairs every year or so. Last night my chair broke :-\, so I need a new one. I am sick of having to buy a new chair every year or so. Anyone know of any good office chairs that are really sturdy?

I would like to suggest Ergonomic Chairs. Many online stores offers ergonomic office chairs with 5 to 20 year guarantee. So, I think: It will solve your issue regarding office chair broke.