Evo 4G

Dariuas

Gonna wait to see what Apple has to offer on Monday before deciding what my next purchase is going to be.

I would be more motivated to get the EVO if I had 4G speeds in my area, but it may be a while before it comes, if ever (Los Angeles is planned for later this year but I'm in Orange County and there's no indication that it will be coming here anytime soon).

Right now it's a toss up between the EVO, the HTC Incredible on Verizon, and either the fourth gen iPhone or the HTC Desire on AT&T.

Rumor has it LA has 4G now, its still being tested and I will find out next week when I am at E3. A guy who got his EVO said hey let me try out 4G (As I am sure ALL EVO owners have) and bam 4G showed up in LA.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for the info on the Battery.

I still have not bought it, but I had planned on getting one as soon as I received my Evo in the mail.

Maybe I will just buy an external charger and a second OEM battery n just lug the extra battery around.

Or maybe I wont.. my current phone Samsung Instinct the battery life is pretty crappy as well.. goes from full power to just about done in about 2hrs of internet/texting use.

So I am used to horribad battery life.

Gonna wait to see what Apple has to offer on Monday before deciding what my next purchase is going to be.

I would be more motivated to get the EVO if I had 4G speeds in my area, but it may be a while before it comes, if ever (Los Angeles is planned for later this year but I'm in Orange County and there's no indication that it will be coming here anytime soon).

Right now it's a toss up between the EVO, the HTC Incredible on Verizon, and either the fourth gen iPhone or the HTC Desire on AT&T.

In the EVO vs Incredible debate: The choice between screen size and service

In the EVO vs iPhone 4G debate:

applefail.jpg

(as well as every other aspect of the phone being superior)

Thanks for the info on the Battery.

I still have not bought it, but I had planned on getting one as soon as I received my Evo in the mail.

Maybe I will just buy an external charger and a second OEM battery n just lug the extra battery around.

Or maybe I wont.. my current phone Samsung Instinct the battery life is pretty crappy as well.. goes from full power to just about done in about 2hrs of internet/texting use.

So I am used to horribad battery life.

For now that seems to be the wisest choice, I hear that the EVO uses the same battery as the Hero so this is a nice bundle that I hear alot are happy with.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=270578672380

here's the actual thread discussing it

http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=667571

I was doing some browsing again today.

I have been looking for new/more accessories for the Evo, cant find anything real cool yet.

But anyways, I heard/read that some of the Evo's already have dead pixels.. Few users already are having these issues.

So for you guys that do have one I would check the screens.

I think one of the guys said just turn your background white, and see if you can see any pink dots.

In the EVO vs iPhone 4G debate:

applefail.jpg

(as well as every other aspect of the phone being superior)

I would be more willing to listen to what you have to say if you provided an actual argument instead of your typical nonsense.

lmao! Where is The Flash!! haha!!

At least someone gets it. :P:lol:

Kash, one advantage of having the EVO 4G or any Android phone is the tethering feature. I know the iPhone can do it, but if you were to connect your iPhone to your iPad and try to use tethering to get your iPad online.. you can't. The iPhone cannot tether something like the iPad while any Android phone can. In fact, at Google's I/O Conference, Google was showing the tethering ability of Android phones running 2.2 by connecting them to an iPad.

have you heard anything else on the desire & att? something is supposed to be announced on the 7th or 8th right?