Sign in to follow this  
KiLZo

Overclocking Nvidias Fx5200

Have an FX5200 by pny and i have it overclocked by the omega drivers and i have it over clocked to 333 / 433 i know its faster then the OEM settings of 250/400 anyone have any better overclocking drivers / softward or have any luck over clocking this video card.

In my opinion the best way to overclock nvidia cards is to use the standard nvidia drivers and then use coolbits. It seems to work very well. That oc you've got there, though, is probably as far as that card will want to go. Don't expect too much out of it...the fx5200 is a very slow series of cards.

In my opinion the best way to overclock nvidia cards is to use the standard nvidia drivers and then use coolbits. It seems to work very well. That oc you've got there, though, is probably as far as that card will want to go. Don't expect too much out of it...the fx5200 is a very slow series of cards.

Yea i had it at 399 /466 and it would shutdown on me and do you know where i could get Coolbits ?

i am running ona 4x agp slot so i am not getting the best of the best so to speak

Just google for coolbits. Also, that card could never even fill up 4x bandwidth, so it shouldn't really cause any performance problems. Does your card have passive cooling? If so, you could help your oc a lot by situating a fan to blow accross the heatsink.