Sign in to follow this  
Capo

Who's The Best Cell Phone Company?

I'm in the market for getting a new cell phone and a new cell phone provider. Who do you all suggest? Since I don't need one of those huge mega plans, I'm looking for a 29.99 or 39.99 plan.

With that in mind, who gives the best deals with a good phone? The best coverage area? Best options?

Thanks for the input!

"Best" depends on your needs and area.

Personally, I use Nextel, and have found nothing better in the South East. I've used Sprint PCS and US Cell and will never use either company ever again. My Gov't cell phone is with Verison, and I know several other people who have Verison, and it is very good for an analog system. Nothing near the clearity of Nextel, but still pretty good.

You wont get much with Nextel for $30-40, so you'll probably want to look somewhere else. Like I said, it's about your needs and your area.

It depends on what part of the country your in. Every carrier has different reception. Like in the Atalantic states (NJ/CT/NY/PA/MA, etc.) Verizon can't be beat for coverage.

nextel is pricy. but for someone who always needs thier phone calls to come thru, they rock. I've had one for several years now, not a single problem. AT&T is aboslutely horrible. 2 years with them and now ONE call the system didn't drop. Verizon is okay, sprint is less than okay in my book, cingular is crap, voice stream is crap, so is t mobile.

The latest Consumer Reports rated Verizon as the best for customer service and all around coverage and service....

That is what my wife uses.. I don't use a cell phone.. HATE the vile things!

But as others have said, depends on what you need...

just good local, or doyou travel all over the country???

If your in an Alltel market I would get them. I myself have alltel, and have a Total Freedom Plan, which allows me no roaming charges anywhere in the United States, which is nice if you travel often. The phone selection is slightly smalle than some of the other providers, but all of there cell phones are great, or if they dont got one you want, you can always buy one from Verizon and have Alltel activate it.

They got 4 basic plans to choose from depending on your needs, and they all ahve decent prices on what the average user would use.

Nextel i95, u can hack the crap out that phone with free internet, ringtones, games that are not even for the i95, wallpaper. The single is sweet, plus that sweet walky talky that works all over the US.

I personally prefer Sprint PCS. I've had Sprint for over 5 yrs [maybe more] and I have traveled [all over the eastern seabord and california] a lot with it, without ever having any major problems.

If you are going to do some sort of traveling, I would definitely check into SprintPCS. IMO Their nationwide plans, can not be beat... I am currently paying $39.99 + tax which comes to about $45.00 and thats for 300mins daytime, unlimited 7pm-7am and weekends and that's including PCS vision which is basically web access + email.

Some ppl might say 300mins is not enough, but during daytime I'm at work, so there is no reason for me to have anymore than that, because I don't make any use of it! It is my personal phone afterall!

I have to use my Verizon phone to call Sprint customer service. The Sprint phone is likely to drop the call during the 20+ minutes they make you wait for SmartPhone support :/

I ahve cingular right now and love it. haven't had one problem but like the others have said it all depends on where you are and what your looking for feature wise. my phone does exactly what i need it to do, no more, no less.