Communications Error?

CheeseMan42

i went to sleep yesterday thinking that folding would be almost done when i got up. i came down and saw that it started over. i went to check for what happened and it said client core communications error. i was at 248/400 and with the frames that were done after this happened i would've had 306/400. anyone ever have this happen to them? i didn't oc so i don't know what the problem is. also i used the occ installer and it says i have the version 2.47 core, shouldn't i have dled the 4.0?

I have never heard of a 2.47 core! Folding @ home only has core 65 or core 78. You might have to look back at your installation, maybe something wasn't done properly.

As for the error msg, I have not encountered that one!

I think he is refering to Version 2.47. The newest one which most people are using now is Version 4.00

Oh I C, then yes the problem might be that he his using too old of a version, everybody should be on Version 4.00

I am assuming that you are running the console client.

I haven't used the OCC installer, but look for a folder [probably under Program Files] called Folding or F@H or something that resembles folding. Then look for the console.exe file.

If you have version 4.00 it should be called fah4console.exe If you have some other filename, download the latest console version and overwrite the one you have.

If it's running as a service, go into your registry and look for the deleted filename and modify its name to the new version.

This is my best guess, as I said before I haven't used the OCC installer so I don't know how it works. Be careful when editing the registry an incorrect edit might cause your computer to not work properly. I hope I'm making myself clear.