Crawlerz246

Is My Router Limiting My Speed?

the equipment is upstairs and the PC really cannot be carried up there.

and I will say this - I have transferred files to/from PC on the network. the MAX i got was 1MB/s (comparable to 8mbps) so...... that then makes sence that the router is seriously limiting me. I really don't know enough about routers to *censored* around with properties. what can ya tell me , community?

OK tell me a newer router that I can buy... show me specifics cuz Im sick of this. I mean other pirates put me to shame! LOL! but seriously - this isn't good

Before you go out and buy something I would install Tomato on your router to see if it helps. The stock firmware on those Linksys routers is terrible.

Before you go out and buy something I would install Tomato on your router to see if it helps. The stock firmware on those Linksys routers is terrible.

plz elaborate - what is tomato?

Tomato is a custom 3rd party firmware that is extremely easy to setup. It runs a custom built Linux kernel that is extremely stable and lightweight. I've been using it for a long time and it awesome!

http://www.polarcloud.com/tomato

Personally, I like DD-WRT.

Its the same kinda idea, but made by different people.

http://www.dd-wrt.com