Asus P5Q Deluxe + Ven-X

Alrighty, here goes.

One of my friends recently bought a Venomous X for his QX-something or other. Turns out that the Venomous X and the EP45-UD3P are incompatible, since the Ven-X hits the NB cooler and won't mount properly.

To my point, he's offering it to me in exchange for my TRUE... but I don;t want to be in the same spot he is.

I'd like to know if anyone has had any experience with a Venomous X and a P5Q Deluxe, mounting the heatsink vertically so it would not interfere with the ram slots.

And in case anyone asks, yes I did post this else where but no one seems to know... I'm trying to avoid emailing Thermalright about it but it seems I'm going to have to :\

Thanks for reading :happy:

• 2 weeks later...

I suggest that you agree a test and return day with your friend.

If it fits and your temps don't go through the roof then it's up to you wether you keep it or not.

Some friend he'd be if he shafted you with a cooler that you can't use and wouldn't swap back.

Actually, he already moved back up north, I just bumped the thread if anyone knew so I could buy one down the road once one went on sale or something.

For some reason the idea of telling him to let me test it first never crossed my mind... /sigh :\