Miek

My Build At Long Last, More Or Less The Final Revision.

THe way to treat these cards is to treat them as stock. God luck with your overclocking journey.

Agreed. The factory overclock settings are the card's new default. So like dihartnell said, if you revert the card back to its stock setting after an OC attempt it will go back down to its factory OC. I have never had an issue with the cards being unstable when they come from the factory already OC'd, and if they do, like it was said then you just return the card and get a new one that will be stable.

As for going from 32 bit to 64 bit, nothing to worry about! It'll be one of the best things you can do for your computer.

New question: My order was broken into 3 parts each shipping from different places. One says "shipped" while the other two have said "processing" for the past two days. What's going on? Shouldn't they be shipped by now?

New question: My order was broken into 3 parts each shipping from different places. One says "shipped" while the other two have said "processing" for the past two days. What's going on? Shouldn't they be shipped by now?

Sometimes it won't update. Other times it just takes a while. I wouldn't worry about it unless it still says processing by Tuesday or Wednesday of next week.

OK. I'm just going to trust that things will get here OK. :P If they don't get here before I move out (in about 3 weeks) then I'll contact customer service.

EDIT: I think... I have made a fool of myself! The card I ordered is simply the ENGTX460 DirectCU. The overclocked version is the ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP.

I think Newegg has the wrong picture up. They picture the TOP edition in the preview, but the image view shows the non TOP version.

However, I think I will wait and see to see which one comes. If it's green, it's all stock. If it's blue, it's overclocked.

Edited by Miek

OK. I'm just going to trust that things will get here OK. :P If they don't get here before I move out (in about 3 weeks) then I'll contact customer service.

EDIT: I think... I have made a fool of myself! The card I ordered is simply the ENGTX460 DirectCU. The overclocked version is the ENGTX460 DirectCU TOP.

I think Newegg has the wrong picture up. They picture the TOP edition in the preview, but the image view shows the non TOP version.

However, I think I will wait and see to see which one comes. If it's green, it's all stock. If it's blue, it's overclocked.

Shoulda bought the Palit, I'm laughing even harder :P

You deserve to laugh... I didn't pay attention to the small details and now I feel like a fool. :dunno:

I know you want me to have bought the Palit. I'm sorry I didn't, but the ASUS just looked like it had the best cooling solution. However, I won't be doing any overclocking until I'm sure my rig is 100% stable. Then, it'll be baby steps and I'll probably have tons of questions.

You deserve to laugh... I didn't pay attention to the small details and now I feel like a fool. :dunno:

I know you want me to have bought the Palit. I'm sorry I didn't, but the ASUS just looked like it had the best cooling solution. However, I won't be doing any overclocking until I'm sure my rig is 100% stable. Then, it'll be baby steps and I'll probably have tons of questions.

I'm just kiddin with you, as far as I know all the 460s have been good clockers, the Palit does have a small flaw in which it's cooler does not include the vram on it's surface but I heard that it doesn't affect it that much. I like how the card is a little shorter (as well as the previously mentioned price :P) so I can look passed the lack of memory cooling. My cousins card still OC'd the memory quite well despite this, I'll be glad to help you when the time comes. Though you'll see how easy graphics card overclocking can be and will most likely not ask for any help. :thumbsup:

I know, I know. I was hell bent on getting it perfect until (after like a year) that with all the time I'd spent slaving over deciding on parts, I could have ordered, assembled, and been playing on the damn thing!

So I kind of said "F it" and just ordered what looked like a solid build.

@ IVI

Maybe you could help when I start overclocking mine. Lord knows I have no idea how to do it right. XD

Edited by Miek

WTFUUUUU, my order status is "Hold" now?

Typically that just means they are waiting for the bank's approval before they charge it. It happens with large orders usually, want to make sure its not fraud or anything.