Sign in to follow this  
Apocalypse

Ghetto Mod Idea

Ever wondered if there was a useful way to use all that excess heat coming off your Athlon XP? Got a spare frying pan? ;)

Here's a ghetto mod I'd like to see... use some Arctic Silver 3 and some rubber-coated c-clamps and mount a small, thin, smooth bottomed frying pan to your lug. Load up Quake 3. Crack an egg on your new heat-sink, and you can now frag and fry at the same time! You could also probably cook some toast over your graphics card, and warm up your coffee on your chipset...

Just don't fry bacon in that thing... grease splatter could do some nasty things to your hardware, and then your breakfast would never get done.

its kinda along those same lines but not even related to computers! I have a friend who cooks burritos on his VW bug engine... you make some burritos wrap them in foil slap em on top of one side of the engine and drive a few miles.... peel em open and your good to go, weve also had the idea of replacing the oil in the oil filled air filter and replacing it with canola oil and making donuts while we drive!

The smoke and crap generated from the frying probably wouldn't be good for the parts. I wouldn't try it, I'd just use the stove. Nice idea though. Now you can burn a CD and some food at the same time! Give it a shot and let us know how it tastes :D

Questions - I wonder if Intels cook better food than AMDs? Does a GeForce add flavor? Do Macs cook better food than PC's?

:huh:

AMD's probably cook better cause they give off better heat. When cooking you want a nice evenly heated pan which as we all know AMD's provide.

Or, you could just remove the heatsink and fans...more heat that fan.... :P

Lol...sounds funny...but I think my old monitor would cook better....i burned my hand by putting it on top of it once...lol