Buying A Notebook Advice

Hi there guys. (It's been a long long time since I posted here)

Anyways I've been out of the PC notebook business and into the Macs.

I am looking for a notebook to buy for my aunt/cousins. My cousins does some amateur photo editing and maybe some light games, maybe lots of YouTube things and flash games on FB. While my aunt will probably use it for business, some multitasking. After looking at some reviews, I decided to get an Intel i5 processor. Good choice?

The trouble spot I'm having is which GPU. Lots of the laptops i looked at has the Intel HD graphics card. I know that Intel GPU hasn't always been "good" but did they really succeed in making a worthy GPU? What are your opinions on that?

I've narrowed it down to a Toshiba A505-A6020. This one has a discrete nVidia GPU and Intel i5. Which makes it perfect for just about anything. The price is a little too high for me, but still within reach. What do you guys think of this laptop? Toshiba has pretty good prices across the line.

If you guys have any other suggestions, please make some. Definitely somewhere within the 15" range and comes with a keypad if possible. They live overseas and judging from the last computer they bought, they have been using it for more than 5 years... So I want this laptop to last a long time also.

Thanks!!!

Hi there guys. (It's been a long long time since I posted here)

Anyways I've been out of the PC notebook business and into the Macs.

I am looking for a notebook to buy for my aunt/cousins. My cousins does some amateur photo editing and maybe some light games, maybe lots of YouTube things and flash games on FB. While my aunt will probably use it for business, some multitasking. After looking at some reviews, I decided to get an Intel i5 processor. Good choice?

The trouble spot I'm having is which GPU. Lots of the laptops i looked at has the Intel HD graphics card. I know that Intel GPU hasn't always been "good" but did they really succeed in making a worthy GPU? What are your opinions on that?

I've narrowed it down to a Toshiba A505-A6020. This one has a discrete nVidia GPU and Intel i5. Which makes it perfect for just about anything. The price is a little too high for me, but still within reach. What do you guys think of this laptop? Toshiba has pretty good prices across the line.

If you guys have any other suggestions, please make some. Definitely somewhere within the 15" range and comes with a keypad if possible. They live overseas and judging from the last computer they bought, they have been using it for more than 5 years... So I want this laptop to last a long time also.

Thanks!!!

I think an i5 is a fine choice, my friend that just got his laptop has an i5 in it and it's better than my own processor.

As for Intel graphics, if there will be any gaming on it, then intel graphics probably aren't a good idea, but if it's anything else it will be fine. From my experience with older intel graphics I would say they make them pretty well, to do just about anything other than gaming anyway. So I have no problem believing their newer graphics will keep up.

I personally would recommend against toshiba, I've have 3 toshiba laptops in the past and all of them just caused me problems. The only laptop brands I would recommend are Dell and HP, both of these I have had and worked great.

I'm not sure how much you are looking to spend but if it's in the price range you might want to check out this HP. I have one similar to it and it is really great.