Sign in to follow this  
Rokkaholik

Yo Yo Yo Thug Gets A Beatdown

Bah. Gotta love balisongs. I'm pretty fast with these now.

bm_42.jpg

And one of my random boredom balisong videos.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZ1aBoCAfEM

I'm saving for a khukuri (not a kukri) now. Epic knife, and makes for crazy throwing.

AngKholaKhukuri20060416d.jpg

:rolleyes:

you'll be doing this in no time

dang scott, you were pretty good back in the day :bah:

I'm saving for a khukuri (not a kukri) now. Epic knife, and makes for crazy throwing.

*snip

I own a khukuri, pretty much that exact one you have a picture for. :lol: Got it about.. 4 years ago, best knife I've used. I just need to sharpen it up some, its gotten a bit dull. Its heavy and weighted at the tip so I have no idea how well you think it'll throw.. it may be kind of lopsided, but the knife is designed for lopping off heads. Not throwing. :lol:

this thread has just reminded me how defenseless i am always, and that i should get me a gouging knife

but to hell with it, i'm always a fan of improvisation

I own a khukuri, pretty much that exact one you have a picture for. :lol: Got it about.. 4 years ago, best knife I've used. I just need to sharpen it up some, its gotten a bit dull. Its heavy and weighted at the tip so I have no idea how well you think it'll throw.. it may be kind of lopsided, but the knife is designed for lopping off heads. Not throwing. :lol:

I didn't think it was any good for throwing either until I saw some guy on youtube. I'll try pulling out the video again, he made some pretty incredible throws with that knife and some pretty cheap coldsteel kukris. And even if I can't throw it too well, I'm sure I could settle for lopping off heads lol.

this thread has just reminded me how defenseless i am always, and that i should get me a gouging knife

but to hell with it, i'm always a fan of improvisation

single-brick.jpg

/defenseless

I didn't think it was any good for throwing either until I saw some guy on youtube. I'll try pulling out the video again, he made some pretty incredible throws with that knife and some pretty cheap coldsteel kukris.

I highly doubt he used the actual knife. A cheap one sure, but not the actual one. A throwing knife is meant to be balanced and double sided so it can stick to its target easily. A khukuri is neither balanced or double sided. It carries about 90% of the weight in the top 6 or 7 inches of the 12 inch blade. Nothing about it is ideal for throwing. Yes, you can throw it but not well. You are more than likely to knock the target out then you are to plant the knife in him. A machette is better for throwing than an actual khukuri imo.

I highly doubt he used the actual knife. A cheap one sure, but not the actual one. A throwing knife is meant to be balanced and double sided so it can stick to its target easily. A khukuri is neither balanced or double sided. It carries about 90% of the weight in the top 6 or 7 inches of the 12 inch blade. Nothing about it is ideal for throwing. Yes, you can throw it but not well. You are more than likely to knock the target out then you are to plant the knife in him. A machette is better for throwing than an actual khukuri imo.

Oh well, guess I'll settle for lopping heads off. I could always buy a coldsteel kukri as well, I clearly remember seeing a bunch of videos with people throwing those and they stuck to targets pretty well.

Wow, thats a sweet modded one. And a funny ending lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuSFeGg_Jh8

Oh well, guess I'll settle for lopping heads off. I could always buy a coldsteel kukri as well, I clearly remember seeing a bunch of videos with people throwing those and they stuck to targets pretty well.

Wow, thats a sweet modded one. And a funny ending lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuSFeGg_Jh8

The cheap ones should work out well. Probably don't even have the proper weight. :lol: My knife came from Nepal.. its handmade and smelled of oil when I first took it out of its sheath. Still had some oil on the blade even. Best knife I've owned.. wouldn't trade it for anything else. No matter which one you get, I highly recommend it.

:rolleyes:

you'll be doing this in no time

YOUTUBE!

Jesus Christ!

and yeah, my dream knife (my dad already has one :glare: )

3208119012_231eb42921.jpg

That's the only non serrated small knife I'd get (it's actually alot bigger than I thought it'd be)