Whats A Good Quiet Dvd Drive?

azndragon328

few things to watch for. LG OEM drives are so-so, their retail drives tend to be pretty good. Lite-on (loud-on) are fine for the first few months and have a horrible habbit of getting LOUD. MSI drives (I don't know who's making these little guys) are quiet, and not very deep at all. Sony's are just flat out over priced and rated. Pioneer are big and over priced (though quiet and VERY reliable. I have a 16x scsi slot load I've been using for over 2 1/2 years without incident). Toshiba's drives are also very reliable and quiet. Mad dog (sad dog/bad dog) drives are almost as annoying as a yapping, ankle biting rat dog. Pac Dig, Bus Link, Hival, IO magic, and many other common retail branded drives are all lite-on drives. Optorite, Plextor, and Sanyo are all 1 in the same, which is a good thing since I have had ZERO problems with any of them. I have no experience with Gigabyte drives, though I've heard good things. Asus's drives range from good, to "good god why did I buy this thing". Philips drives are a little on the noisy side, but can take a beating. Aopen's drives are much like the rest of their products (the faithful to Aopen will argue) and SUCK. Samsung drives are good buy too (durrable and quiet)

FYI Ghost, I do believe only Pioneer made the slot load dvd drives. I've seen a few sony cdroms like that... but never anything by anyone else in dvds.

Edited by bigred