flipping my psu on a carpet floor

so it just so happens that my case is a psu on the bottom deal, and too a little bit better looking wire management, i need to flip my psu so the fan portion is pointing towards the ground, conveniently there is a filter, but also a carpet in the way

now the case is should i flip it or not, i have a small wooden mat that i put my feet on at the computer that i could put there, but i rather not, i also could try and get a little bit more height on my case from the ground using other, crude methods like bottle caps

question is what should i do, and/or will i be fine with the psu sucking air with my case on the carpet floor

I have the same issue with my case. I prop up the rear of it withe the Orange Box and everything is working great :D

that's brilliant

so i guess i'm going to figure out away to simulate a wooden floor for my case, or do the same but with lionheart, or cod6

i've got an ocz modxstream (power supplies are pretty standard, air out the back, suck in air on top or bot

with the nzxt lexa s http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811146060&Tpk=nzxt%20lexas

i'm thinking about flipping the power supply so it sucks air from the bottom, instead of the top, for better wire management

what i need to figure out is whether it would suffocate sitting on the carpet, and whether or not i should prop it up

I just wouldn't recommend the PC on the floor at all, although if you must have it thee then at least put a piece of wood underneath the whole length of the case versus e just propping up the corners.

If you don't do that you're gonna have a dust trap in the carpet fibers where the fan is blowing...

why not just slap some wheels on it, raises it a good inch and a half or more depending on your selection of wheels and comes in handy when you want to move it

why not just slap some wheels on it, raises it a good inch and a half or more depending on your selection of wheels and comes in handy when you want to move it

unfortunately, im not hot on for ridiculous wheels on my case

at best i may just wait till iget the chance, fight something nice long, and hard, and flat and slap it under

i've already got chair extensions to get it another inch off the ground

at best i may just wait till iget the chance, fight something nice long, and hard, and flat and slap it under

i've already got chair extensions to get it another inch off the ground

oh my god that is the .ing funniest thing i've read all night

A while back like 1995 full tower cases had a like a flat plastic stand that they sat on so the case would not be right on the floor I took one off an old case and put it underneath mine.

oh no time to clean the cat hair again :mellow:

post-9745-12746780760629_thumb.jpg