Ubuntu hard drive setup

Halo.Light

I recently had a fatal system error with windows so i switched to linux. I followed the installation guide and got Ubuntu running with no problems but it think i could have set it up better. I have a 160Gb hard drive (Which I will call drive A from here on) that i want to install the os itself onto and a 1tb hard drive (drive B) that i want to put my /home folder on. So when i re-install Ubuntu and get to the disk partition page, will it work if i make a 10gb partition, for ubuntu, and a 4gb swap partition on drive A, and then use all the free space on drive B for my /home folder? or does everything have to be on the same hard drive?

• 1 month later...

I recently had a fatal system error with windows so i switched to linux. I followed the installation guide and got Ubuntu running with no problems but it think i could have set it up better. I have a 160Gb hard drive (Which I will call drive A from here on) that i want to install the os itself onto and a 1tb hard drive (drive B) that i want to put my /home folder on. So when i re-install Ubuntu and get to the disk partition page, will it work if i make a 10gb partition, for ubuntu, and a 4gb swap partition on drive A, and then use all the free space on drive B for my /home folder? or does everything have to be on the same hard drive?

No. You can point home to a separate mount after the fact of install.