Gaming Preference

Rokkaholik

Gaming Preference - Alone Or Multiplayer Or Online  

47 members have voted

1. 1. When you play a video game, PC or Console, How do you like to play?

• I Prefer To Play With Myself
    • I Prefer To Play With Others
    • Depends On The Game
  2. 2. Online or Not

Haha, I love the way you worded those answers, Rokk :rolleyes:

Honestly for me in both cases it really depends on the game. For example, MMORPG's are such because it's the multiplayer aspect that really appeals. Could you imagine single player World of Warcraft? :blink:

But then you also have single player games that would just suck with multiplayer added on. I personally think a Mass Effect multiplayer would really divide the fanbase, for example. I'd personally hate it. etc.

1. Depends on the game

2. Depends on the game

TF2 is my favorite game and before that it was CS:S, so I certainly like online multiplayer games, however, over the past year, my two favorite games were Dragon Age: Origins and Batman: Arkham Asylum, two single player only games.

I haven't played MMOs in awhile, but when I did, I often preferred going solo, although I would join groups for raids, PvP, or simply is someone asked. I rarely sought out groups though.

EDIT: I should also add that aside from the multiplayer-only games like TF2 and CS:S, I usually don't even bother with multiplayer, or if I do, it's merely to just check it out. But most FPSs and RTSs I play are just the single player campaign and then I stop.

Really... All the Above to be honest

As much as I like to play with myself, it does depend on the game. :thumbsup:

Now that I got the conotation out of the way, I selected the answer I gravitate to the most ...online play. I'm a very competitive person and even more so when I suck at a game because then I want to prove to myself I don't have to suck. Then doing better is like a cheap adrenaline boost.

So I really like games that require strategy. But here is the part where it "depends on the game". Some strategy games I actually prefer to only play against the computer and some games I like to test out in multiplay. Usually RTS games I'd rather play single player or with friends ...and really only do multiplayer every once in awhile. FPS games = multiplayer only.