I miss my games ...

So I recently sold my gaming machine, and figured that I could use my HTPC for some light gaming, being that it sports a 5570. After playing a few of my favorite games, I realize now that I am in need of a little extra horsepower.

I would like to get decent FPS at 1920x1080 with 4xAA and at least Medium details on almost any games currently out there.

In your opinion, am I better off getting another 5570 (for $80) and doing a Crossfire setup, or getting a single 5770. Take into account that I already own a 5570.

Thanks guys!

So I recently sold my gaming machine, and figured that I could use my HTPC for some light gaming, being that it sports a 5570. After playing a few of my favorite games, I realize now that I am in need of a little extra horsepower.

I would like to get decent FPS at 1920x1080 with 4xAA and at least Medium details on almost any games currently out there.

In your opinion, am I better off getting another 5570 (for $80) and doing a Crossfire setup, or getting a single 5770. Take into account that I already own a 5570.

Thanks guys!

I say sell the 5570 and buy a single 5870. Newegg.com has a wide selection. Just don't get the MSI one. I don't trust MSI with GPUs. Diamond, Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor are good brands.

I assume he wants this relatively still a HTPC guys :P

I vote for the 5770! It's still very low power, two cards in an HTPC would be a little out of hand (not to mention I'm not sure how a 2x5570 would even produce as far as gaming power)

The 5770 is a proven performer!

I assume he wants this relatively still a HTPC guys :P

I vote for the 5770! It's still very low power, two cards in an HTPC would be a little out of hand (not to mention I'm not sure how a 2x5570 would even produce as far as gaming power)

The 5770 is a proven performer!

+1 for the 5770 is a proven performer! Also, if there is ever an upgrade option down the road, 2 x 5770 in CF are just sick. The 2 x5770 CF setup, is prob one of the better CF scaling you can get! I have this setup in my AMD rig, and I can play any game out right now! Crysis gets right at 60fps with these cards CF! But you will be very happy with 1 as well!!!!

I say sell the 5570 and buy a single 5870. Newegg.com has a wide selection. Just don't get the MSI one. I don't trust MSI with GPUs. Diamond, Sapphire, XFX, PowerColor are good brands.

You didn't read his post, did you? :whistling:

I think I am in agreement with what the majority are stating here, I think a better future proof setup would be to get a 5770. I have never owned anything except Sapphire cards for the last 5 years of so, but the MSI Hawk looks really, really good.

Thanks a lot.

PS. Who wants a 5570? LOL

I think I am in agreement with what the majority are stating here, I think a better future proof setup would be to get a 5770. I have never owned anything except Sapphire cards for the last 5 years of so, but the MSI Hawk looks really, really good.

Thanks a lot.

PS. Who wants a 5570? LOL

Ebay dat .. >:3