Eco CPU Water Cooler

Hello

Has anybody here tried this cooler yet? My link I'm thinking about getting one for a new build, but haven't decided yet. Maybe in a push pull configuration? Considered the Noctua NH-D14 but realized it will interfere with my ram :( I have a few other options but this one looks promising. my rig will be mainly used for gaming and yes I will be overclocking. Specs below

ASUS Rampage III Extreme

CORSAIR 850HX

HIS H587F1GDG Radeon HD 5870

COOLER MASTER COSMOS S RC

i7-930

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB

W..D Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB

Windows 7

Hanns·G HH-281HPB Black 28"

Hello

Has anybody here tried this cooler yet? My link I'm thinking about getting one for a new build, but haven't decided yet. Maybe in a push pull configuration? Considered the Noctua NH-D14 but realized it will interfere with my ram :( I have a few other options but this one looks promising. my rig will be mainly used for gaming and yes I will be overclocking. Specs below

ASUS Rampage III Extreme

CORSAIR 850HX

HIS H587F1GDG Radeon HD 5870

COOLER MASTER COSMOS S RC

i7-930

CORSAIR DOMINATOR 6GB

W..D Caviar Black WD6401AALS 640GB

Windows 7

Hanns·G HH-281HPB Black 28"

Check out our Review on it! It does as well as can be expected from a self contained unit.

I would say get the H50 instead. Coolit has had problems with their self contained water cooling units leaking in the past, and for what I've heard these are still very weak around the barbs.

http://www.overclockersclub.com/reviews/coolit_eco/4.htm = don't get the ECO

are you sure the d14 will interfere with your ram? If i mounted mine with the fans horizontal, then it would interfere, but when i mounted it with the fans facing vertically, then it fits fine. :thumbsup2:

Yeah I checked the compatibility list and my ram would be a problem.

really..don't get the ECO?

I suppose I could remove one or two of the heat sinks on top of the heat spreader.

How good is the d14? Would you prefer something else or are you satisfied?

Edited by slapnuts

Yeah I checked the compatibility list and my ram would be a problem.

really..don't get the ECO?

I suppose I could remove one or two of the heat sinks on top of the heat spreader.

How good is the d14? Would you prefer something else or are you satisfied?

well the d14 is the best cooler you can get right now, period. the only thing that beats it would be a custom built water cooling loop.

and I'm more than satisfied with my d14. On my previous mobo, my ram interfered with the install of the d14, so instead of removing a ram heatsink, i simply bent down the interferering fins on the d14 (only had to bend 2) This gave me the clearance I needed, and didn't compromise the cooling in any way, shape, or form.

two alternatives to the d14 i would consider, if it absolutely will not fit, would be the Titan Fenrir or the Prolimatech Megahalems Note with the Prolimatech you will have to supply your own fans

If you're interested in getting a self-contained water unit, the H50 is a great option, I'm extremely satisfied with mine. That said, the Noctua is a better cooler, if you can make it fit then go for it.

If you're interested in getting a self-contained water unit, the H50 is a great option, I'm extremely satisfied with mine. That said, the Noctua is a better cooler, if you can make it fit then go for it.

Yeah I'm soooo torn between the two :teehee: ...BTW has anyone here had a chance to check out the new Prolimatech Armageddon ?

and here My link

IMHO. If your going to By anything watercooling Please by all means spend the money and build it yourself out of swiftech, Koolance, Feser, or any of those you like parts. Spend the time to Fit the Items properly and use proper security measures to ensure that the first time you put it in is the last time, you don't get anything wet and it works properly the first time. As many have stated before. High end air coolers are performing on par with other Low end self contained WC set-ups. If your going to water cool then I strongly suggest going to Petra's tech shop (see link below) and building up a system. they should have all the parts and accesories you should need. And they also have pre-built Kits if you fancy one of those.

Good luck, Hope there isn't a leak in your future.

IMHO. If your going to By anything watercooling Please by all means spend the money and build it yourself out of swiftech, Koolance, Feser, or any of those you like parts. Spend the time to Fit the Items properly and use proper security measures to ensure that the first time you put it in is the last time, you don't get anything wet and it works properly the first time. As many have stated before. High end air coolers are performing on par with other Low end self contained WC set-ups. If your going to water cool then I strongly suggest going to Petra's tech shop (see link below) and building up a system. they should have all the parts and accesories you should need. And they also have pre-built Kits if you fancy one of those.

Good luck, Hope there isn't a leak in your future.

nice thanks for the links I'll check them out.