I have a question regarding the two proccessors: qx9300, and i7 920xm

I wrote this for yahoo answers, but I am not getting any, so I'll ask it here, seeing as it fits:

basically I am deciding between the alienware M15x laptop and the M19x laptop, now I dont want you to tell me which laptop as a whole is beter, I just want you to tell me which of theese is beter, the Qx9300 http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=36727 , or the i7 920 xm, http://ark.intel.com/Product.aspx?id=43126 , I know the qx9300 has a higher clock speed, but the architecture is older, and can someone convert "2.5GT/s" to the equivalent FSB speed, because I havent gotten the hang of QPI yet, so also, is "2.5 GT/s" better, or is "1066 mhz FSB" better, and one more thing, can we take intels turbo boost out of the equation when judging theese procs, I want to know which is better assuming I always use all of the cores and at their stock setting, thank you very much for your help, time, and effort

Yeah, basically same question still applies, can you guys help me?

The i7.....and you can't discount the turbo feature because most of the time you are not using more than 1 or 2 cores for a CPU intensive application.

ok, cool, but can I ask you one more thing? How does the qpi of the i7 (2.5 GT/s) compare to the fsb of the qx9300 (1066 mhz)

ok, I'm 16 years old, so I'm going to bed, I'll check this post at 7 am

ok, cool, but can I ask you one more thing? How does the qpi of the i7 (2.5 GT/s) compare to the fsb of the qx9300 (1066 mhz)

ok, I'm 16 years old, so I'm going to bed, I'll check this post at 7 am

Haha....thanks for stating your age...it will now be easier to stalk you...

The i7's have a QPI because they have in integrated memory controller, as the Qxxx series has the controller on the motherboard. Thus making the i7 vastly superior when it comes to memory performance.

awesome, and sorry for not reading the post sooner, and not checking this at 7 am saturday, I have been preparing for finals, I havent had a chance to check this, my mom even made me study on saturday...I beter get back to it...but thanks for the info