OCC CSS Server Poll

sdy284

OCC CSS  

50 members have voted

1. 1. If I hosted an OCC CSS server, would you play?

i'm considering setting one up. for those that don't know I ran the previous OCC CSS GunGame server and it was a pretty good time. Just getting a feel for the interest

here's the old thread on it

http://forums.overclockersclub.com/index.php?showtopic=69448&st=0

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oops meant to vote yes. Its kinda hard getting back into CSS. The guns shoot so weird compared to the other games I play. I probably play too much WCS mod so makes shooting weird with all the special abilities.

EDIT: OMG this new forum software has a "DELETE MY VOTE" so you can re-vote. Woot!

Edited by Krazyxazn

Oops meant to vote yes. Its kinda hard getting back into CSS. The guns shoot so weird compared to the other games I play. I probably play too much WCS mod so makes shooting weird with all the special abilities.

EDIT: OMG this new forum software has a "DELETE MY VOTE" so you can re-vote. Woot!

don't you mean :woot: ? :P

I honestly don't think I've played CS:S since the OCC Gun Game :lol:. I don't even have CS:S installed.

It was a ton of fun though, so I'd certainly do it again :thumbsup2:

I honestly don't think I've played CS:S since the OCC Gun Game :lol:. I don't even have CS:S installed.

It was a ton of fun though, so I'd certainly do it again :thumbsup2:

Same here :)

I voted no because good servers are quite hard to find and I doubt this will be one of them. Also when u mentioned GunGame, it was clear I wouldn't step foot in it.

Just a suggestion...if you wanna have a good server that good players will visit often and come back, this is what it needs to be like:

- Classic CS:S mode.

- 20 slot server, no more no less.

- 100 tic

- All stock maps on rotation

- 20 minute games.

- 2:00 rounds

- 1 second freeze time in the beginning of the round

- All weapons allowed

- No mods of any kind.

- Have a bunch of admins and regulars that will keep the games in line so that the players see that you are committed to your server.

- A server thread on the forums...or a CS:S part on the forums dedicated to anything that is related to it. That will involve other people in the community and thus they will play more often. It's also good because if somebody is a regular and hacks a lot, all somebody has to do, is make a little thread, post his name and steamID and an admin can ban him.

- Add a MOTD. If done right it's really nice. I personally never liked motds but it's nice to have one since it shows dedication to the server. Something that isn't too flashy or has too much stuff on it. Just a background with a name, slogan and maybe some info about the server. I could make a MOTD and I've done it before but I'm sure there are people that could probably do a better job than me. It's been a while since I've really used Photoshop.

If you follow this, I'd gladly play and I'm sure many others will too. If you add a little info about donations too, people happy with the server will help out.

This is how a successful server looks like.

Edited by ballist1x

blah

16lgt1v.jpg

I could care less about getting people outside of OCC to play on this. Back when we had our GG CSS server up and running, it was pretty popular with fellow OCC member's, and thats all I really care about ;)

I could care less about getting people outside of OCC to play on this. Back when we had our GG CSS server up and running, it was pretty popular with fellow OCC member's, and thats all I really care about ;)

Alright, it's ur money n stuff. Sad that so much potential will go to waste.

Waste? I remember those days fondly, it was a ton of fun playing that game with fellow OCCers. I especially liked the McDonald's map :)