GTX 470 Overclocked as good as GTX 480 ?

Nyt

Idk, have you talked to anyone about how high you can crank the voltage??

Usually when you see artifacting it is due to not enough power, try bumping the voltage up a notch or two and see if it cleans up, if not you're at the max and you should back up to where you didn't have any artifacts.

I then recommend playing a few different diverse games for 30 minutes to an hour to test stability.

I went ahead and bumped the voltage up using MSI Afterburner from 1.000 to 1.138 and the artifacting disappeared in an instant. I found a very stable overclock att 852MHz core, 1704 Shader and Memory stock at 3700MHz. Anything more will require a water cooling system to further reduce heat. ATI Tool caught the artifacting before any other overclocking program did, even FurMark. Guru's website says MSI Afterburner with it's voltage range is safe up to the max voltage, temperatures are good. I'll be buying a Danger Den water block in the next few months, already have the huge Black Ice 4x120mm radiator. :biggrin:

I went ahead and bumped the voltage up using MSI Afterburner from 1.000 to 1.138 and the artifacting disappeared in an instant. I found a very stable overclock att 852MHz core, 1704 Shader and Memory stock at 3700MHz. Anything more will require a water cooling system to further reduce heat. ATI Tool caught the artifacting before any other overclocking program did, even FurMark. Guru's website says MSI Afterburner with it's voltage range is safe up to the max voltage, temperatures are good. I'll be buying a Danger Den water block in the next few months, already have the huge Black Ice 4x120mm radiator. :biggrin:

Good to hear, what kinda games is that card running flawlessly??

I bet it can cook eggs flawlessly.

I was actually thinking about getting a 480 to replace my George Formean Grill.....I heard the 480's were great for bacon but the 470 are the best for eggs.

I bet it can cook eggs flawlessly.

Cooking eggs is no problem it's getting them overeasy that's difficult. I've played Far Cry 2, Crysis and everything I can think of to make my card defrost and cook a pizza. My Core is stable @ 852MHz, Shader 1704MHz and Memory is now 4200MHz, I feel if I want more then my water cooling system will be needed! So far I have my DD Black Ice 4 x 120mm rad, DD-RAD-Reservoir that looks high tech! Does anyone know where I might find some compression fittings that look really nice?

I have a HD5850 currently at 900mhz on core and 1200 on mem oc'd so would an upgrade not really be necessary ?

You can't directly compare Nvidia and ATI's clock frequencies, Nvidia GPUs clock per clock show more gains than with ATI's GPUs.