New CS:S Update

WhenKittensATK

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh you mean everything in the reported bugs page huh? http://forums.steampowered.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1264590

Try better next time, these are bugs and not official changes they made to the game.

All these features can be turned off VIA server config. If you can't see through or comprehend the scoreboard, then ... idk read a book so you can. It's semi-transparent and has skulls. Stop complaining please. IDK why you guys would even take anything ballist1x says :snap:

wait....I thought we were discussing the beta CSS...no? I never said that those are final changes to the game, I simply don't like the beta in it's current form which is basically, how the game should NOT be. If they fix the movement and grenade thing it might not suck so badly since the core gameplay will stay the same. Scoreboard has way too many added things which make it hard to see what I want to see and what I care about. That does not include which noob I'm dominating or how many stars anyone has. What it does include though, is who is dead and what score everyone has. It is semi-transparent but the transparency was better before because I could move around with my scoreboard open, and if someone should jump in front of me, I could see him well and thus aim faster at him. Now I can't really see anything in front so I could easily mistake a player for part of the map. Not to mention that with all the additional info, the characters have to be smaller, and that isn't helpful. Basically with the old scoreboard it's easier to focus on reading the score AND on the actual game.

You could say that the update isn't bad because it adds bad things, rather bad because what's been added isn't suited for CSS in particular.

You people get suckered in way too easily when it comes to these kinds of things and you're ready to protect ur precious shader effects and achievements with your lives.

Edited by ballist1x

I'm just kind of going to back up a little bit here, some of you guys mentioned that if things like movement speed and frag throwing were to change then it would upset the pro css players. I don't really understand this, I don't know a lot of pro gamers but I know some pretty good ones and from my experience they are good because they adapt to games well, meaning small changes like those wouldn't really be a big deal. Is there something special about pro gamers that doesn't allow them to adapt to new gameplay?

Disregard my previous comment on how changing game movement is bad - I thought this was a side effect of upgrading the engine and how it handles movement, I did not know it was simply console values that could be changed and probably will be by Valve themselves.

As for ballist1x, there is no reason why you would walk around with the scoreboard open. If you are as pro as you claim to be, the other four players on your team are already informing you of everything you need to know in Ventrilo.

I'm just kind of going to back up a little bit here, some of you guys mentioned that if things like movement speed and frag throwing were to change then it would upset the pro css players. I don't really understand this, I don't know a lot of pro gamers but I know some pretty good ones and from my experience they are good because they adapt to games well, meaning small changes like those wouldn't really be a big deal. Is there something special about pro gamers that doesn't allow them to adapt to new gameplay?

Well, this isn't really a problem, as it's only console values and will probably be changed by final release.

If you want to know, it's no problem to adapt, but it's taken 6 years to get to where professional gaming is with Counter-Strike: Source, and the change of movement speed etc. would disrupt the equilibrium and timing in a lot of strats. New maps would have to be made to balance both sides (although this isn't too important, as you do have a team switch in matches), but it would really render a lot of old strats useless that worked on the timing of rushes, maybe even bunnyhopping, or even peek (?) shots.

Just take a look at chess, there have been no changes to the game for a number of thousands of years, and the smallest change would drastically affect the strats behind the game, and it's not even as dynamic as Counter-Strike: Source.

You people get suckered in way too easily when it comes to these kinds of things and you're ready to protect ur precious shader effects and achievements with your lives.

It's a website dedicated to building the sickest rigs a person can. Of course people are going to want nice shader effects.

And please, don't force a "graphics and achievements over gameplay" argument here.

In this case, Valve is adding graphics and achievements six years after the release of the game, please don't even think for a second that they put these things before gameplay. ;)

Edited by tkrow21

Yes, pro IS being able to adapt fast to new gameplay, environment, etc...but what pisses people off is that the CSS gameplay was already good and there is no reason to change it, what so ever. Of course we'll adapt...either that ot gtfo the game...we simply shouldn't have to since the game already as I said, had the best gameplay mechanics it could have..no reason to change that and make people learn the game they've been playing for so many years all over again.

Disregard my previous comment on how changing game movement is bad - I thought this was a side effect of upgrading the engine and how it handles movement, I did not know it was simply console values that could be changed and probably will be by Valve themselves.

As for ballist1x, there is no reason why you would walk around with the scoreboard open. If you are as pro as you claim to be, the other four players on your team are already informing you of everything you need to know in Ventrilo.

I don't use Ventrilo and I don't rely on anyones information but mine. And yes I would want to be walking with my scoreboard open because that's how it's supposed to be. Not stop to look at it then move. Making the window more transparent will only help people, at it's current state it doesn't. There is absolutely no good that can come out of a black background on the scoreboard in CSS.

It's a website dedicated to building the sickest rigs a person can. Of course people are going to want nice shader effects.

Why don't I then? I built my PC with gaming in mind...but yet...I couldn't care less about graphics in any game.

Edited by ballist1x

I don't use Ventrilo and I don't rely on anyones information but mine.

What team do you play for? I can't imagine they get too far without any communication whatsoever.

Well, this isn't really a problem, as it's only console values and will probably be changed by final release.

If you want to know, it's no problem to adapt, but it's taken 6 years to get to where professional gaming is with Counter-Strike: Source, and the change of movement speed etc. would disrupt the equilibrium and timing in a lot of strats. New maps would have to be made to balance both sides (although this isn't too important, as you do have a team switch in matches), but it would really render a lot of old strats useless that worked on the timing of rushes, maybe even bunnyhopping, or even peek (?) shots.

Just take a look at chess, there have been no changes to the game for a number of thousands of years, and the smallest change would drastically affect the strats behind the game, and it's not even as dynamic as Counter-Strike: Source.

Okay then, that makes a bit more sense. I've never been one of those people that takes a fps game seriously so I have a rather laid back point of view about this kind of stuff.

Why don't I then? I built my PC with gaming in mind...but yet...I couldn't care less about graphics in any game.

So I guess it's safe to say that you play all your games at the lowest details since graphics don't make a bit of difference to you right?

What team do you play for? I can't imagine they get too far without any communication whatsoever.

I don't play for any team or clan and I don't scrim. I just do my own thing. I've been offered to join teams n stuff and I've refused. The only communication I use is the chat in game. If the people I play with are competent enough, they'll read what I have to say, or fail at the game.

So I guess it's safe to say that you play all your games at the lowest details since graphics don't make a bit of difference to you right?

It's different for different games. I play Bad Company 2 on lowest settings possible because it's much easier to see the enemies in the vastly detailed worlds. It gives me an edge and that's all that I need. In css for example or l4d - I run graphics on max simply because I can and it makes no difference to me.

I'm trying to say that I don't put graphics before gameplay and performance ever, but I don't hate them either. I hate when developers try to please people the wrong way when they focus too much on that instead of the more important aspects of the game. It's kinda hard to explain. Also I suggest this end now since I feel we're getting off topic.

Edited by ballist1x

I don't play for any team or clan and I don't scrim. I just do my own thing. I've been offered to join teams n stuff and I've refused. The only communication I use is the chat in game. If the people I play with are competent enough, they'll read what I have to say, or fail at the game.

AFAIK there is very little professional play for 1v1.

I'm starting to have my doubts that you actually do this for a living.

AFAIK there is very little professional play for 1v1.

I'm starting to have my doubts that you actually do this for a living.

What? I didn't ever, anywhere EVER say I was playing for money or that it is in any way related to my "living". I'm simply pro AT the game meaning I play well, but I am not a professional as in I play for money.