SLI help

Did not try it individually but it would appear it is working but i could try it.

its getting old now i have an E6600 and 2 GB RAM looking to upgrade soon.

Also does any1 know with SLI some motherboards say they have 2 x PCI-E x 16 slots but speed is X 16 X 8 will that be considerably slower then a board that has 2 X 16 Slots.

in XP (32-bit) you will have a lot less available RAM by running 8800GTX SLI vs a single card

I'm going to guess (as you've not stated, nor added to sig) that you are running 4GB of RAM

so minus 768MB for first GTX ~= 3.25GB... then minus another 768 ~= 2.5GB

minus all other RAM requirements and it's a RAM-starved situation (which could affect your benches)

install 7 64-bit to free up your RAM, otherwise you are wasting ~1.5GB on SLI (by using 32-bit OS)

here's my best 8800GTX SLI result for comparison: 20992

Okay I think i will try get my hands on a copy of windows 7 64 bit then and thats good as it has support for 2 monitors on SLI.

Also do you guys know if it makes a lot of difference in SLI with the speeds

Like some of them are x16 x 16 so would x8 x8 be twice as slow as that and they are generally cheaper boards so i should just pay out a bit more for the better boards which support dual x16 ?

Have you enabled SLI in the motherboard BIOS (depending on your motherboard)? I used to have this problem with a DFI Lanparty nF4 SLI-DR Expert (Nerm was too), until we figured out that you had to enable one or two options in the BIOS before anything SLI related was taking place!

Okay so i am looking at upgrading and taking my cards in SLI to a new build my question is alot of boards have 2 PCI-E X16 slots but the 2nd slot runs at X8 does that mean it would be slower then in a board with 2 X16 or not because i dont think any cards can actually use the whole x16 yet ?