SLI help

Ok so i recently just got an 2nd 8800 GTX installed it and have it running in SLI.

Out of curiousity i did 3d mark 06 before and after putting the card and bridge in. My score went from 11k to like 9k.

How come my score dropped down ? I dont understand why it would get lower ...

Could this be because my old CPU is bottle necking it ?

try some other benchmarks, and give me a screen shot of gpu-z that both the gpu are enabled.

SLImode.jpg

GPU-Z agrees :D

GPU-Z.jpg

Could it be the new SLI Bridge i just received that is causing the problem ? I have put it on the first bit closest towards back of the case kind of weird to describe could post a picture.

Also i have my Faster card in Slot 1 is this correct ? My BFG tech card is the OC2 version so it has slightly higher speeds then the ASUS card is this what could be why i am not seeing a significant increase. Should i OC the Asus card to the same speed ?

Will have to wait for the other Benchmark stuff to Download as my speed sucks balls.

Edited by Groedius

try updating the drivers.

The graphics cards have the latest drivers ...

Im using http://www.nvidia.com/object/winxp_197.45_whql.html

Drivers.jpg

I believe i also have the latest BIOS update i downloaded it as i needed that initially for SLI to even work.

So i do not think it is that.

Have now download PC mark 06 / 05 / 03 going to now go and run these and post results.

Edited by Groedius

Ok nevermind about PC Mark Vantage as thats for Vista i only got a Vista skin im running Windows XP lol.

Also i believe you can only get support for SLI with 2 screens on Windows 7 so id want win 7 64 bit or not ? Because i have heard there are problems with the 64 bit version

Edited by Groedius