F@H Core Download Error?

Locutus

Okay, so I've been trying to get my ATI + nVidia setup to work for the past 3 days or so. Currently I have the drivers working, PhysX working, but as of right now I can't get them to Fold.

Steps so far:

Installed (freshly) drivers.

Deleted all old F@H information (including appdata and program files, etc.)

Installed fresh F@H GPU2 client

Renamed the program files and appdata folders (added "ATI" to the end of them)

Copied program files and appdata folders (renamed to "NVD" at the end of the name)

Created shortcuts for ATI and NVD executables.

Set launch options.

Launch options I've tried that didn't work: Setting each at -gpu 0, setting one at -gpu 0 and one at -gpu 1, -forcegpu nvidia_80, -forcegpu ati_r700, various combinations of each of these.

Now I'm getting the F@H core download error of DOOM. When I hover over the client in the taskbar it says "GPU - F@H Core download error (#7), waiting before retry." The number changes incrementally from 1 to idk what, it just keeps going until I close the clients. I've been sitting here ~20 minutes and it keeps going with the same download error.

Help?

OK so I know this is an old thread and all, but I'm having this problem again. -_-

Trying to fold on my GTS 450 + 8800GS

I followed this guide: http://www.overclock.net/folding-home-guides-tutorials/578934-windows-7-multigpu-guide-35.html

to the T

Current shortcut targets:

"C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu 1\[email protected]" -local -gpu 0 -forcegpu nvidia_fermi

"C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu 2\[email protected]" -local -gpu 1 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

I've tried switching them, copy/pasting DLLs, and idk what else to try. Probably gonna try a fresh install of F@H after cleaning out all my files (again) and see if that helps... But I don't feel like doing that yet...probably gonna get some sleep and see if anyone here has any fresh ideas.

Edited by Locutus

There is one piece of information we could use; do neither of the GPU clients work, or does one come up but not the other? If one works and the other not, then this is one of the errors I was getting when I worked on my setup. Found that having both set to -gpu 0 and using the -forcegpu atr_r700 and -forcegpu nvidia_g80 worked. You may have just missed it when writing the post, but the nvidia force is g80 not just 80.

Did you check the machine ID's? While the -cpu flag may be pointing to the same GPU, the clients will still need different ID's.

Here's part of my config files:

machineid=2
bigpackets=big
extra_parms=-gpu 0 -forcegpu ati_r700

machineid=3
bigpackets=big
extra_parms=-gpu 0 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

I hope this helps, and good luck.

There is one piece of information we could use; do neither of the GPU clients work, or does one come up but not the other? If one works and the other not, then this is one of the errors I was getting when I worked on my setup. Found that having both set to -gpu 0 and using the -forcegpu atr_r700 and -forcegpu nvidia_g80 worked. You may have just missed it when writing the post, but the nvidia force is g80 not just 80.

Did you check the machine ID's? While the -cpu flag may be pointing to the same GPU, the clients will still need different ID's.

Here's part of my config files:

machineid=2
bigpackets=big
extra_parms=-gpu 0 -forcegpu ati_r700

machineid=3
bigpackets=big
extra_parms=-gpu 0 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

I hope this helps, and good luck.

No dice.

Problem continues. I might do the Console client when I get a chance to fuddle with it.

• 6 months later...

OK so I know this is an old thread and all, but I'm having this problem again. -_-

Trying to fold on my GTS 450 + 8800GS

I followed this guide: http://www.overclock.net/folding-home-guides-tutorials/578934-windows-7-multigpu-guide-35.html

to the T

Current shortcut targets:

"C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu 1\[email protected]" -local -gpu 0 -forcegpu nvidia_fermi

"C:\Program Files\Folding@home\Folding@home-gpu 2\[email protected]" -local -gpu 1 -forcegpu nvidia_g80

I've tried switching them, copy/pasting DLLs, and idk what else to try. Probably gonna try a fresh install of F@H after cleaning out all my files (again) and see if that helps... But I don't feel like doing that yet...probably gonna get some sleep and see if anyone here has any fresh ideas.