AMD 1090Z?????????

Hey guys,

Found this browsing Asus' website under the Supported CPUs list for my motherboard...

AMD1090Z.jpg

Phenom II X6 @ 3.6GHz stock :cool: :P

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They put the clock on Turbo. And they somehow wrote a Z instead of a T. If you look at the 1055T, the frequency listed is also its Turbo one: 3.3GHz. Both versions, being 95 and 125W, are listed.

Sorry! :P

Yea, I am really enjoying my 1090T very much. Turned on the turbo switch on my Asus mobo, clocked at 3.7Ghz. Runs cool at about 19-20c idle/ 30-35c load with my xigmatek dk s1283 cooler. I will be OCin more very soon, I am just making sure this new setup is stable first.

Yea, I am really enjoying my 1090T very much. Turned on the turbo switch on my Asus mobo, clocked at 3.7Ghz. Runs cool at about 19-20c idle/ 30-35c load with my xigmatek dk s1283 cooler. I will be OCin more very soon, I am just making sure this new setup is stable first.

It has to be really cool in that room. 19-20 idle is physically impossible unless ambients are very very low. I do not think those temps are correct.

Edited by Drdeath

It has to be really cool in that room. 19-20 idle is physically impossible unless ambients are very very low. I do not think those temps are correct.

yes I would also like to know how come those temps are so low with that cpu.

I was using a program called Core Temp, unsure of how accurate it is. What program do you recommend to run to get more accurate temperatures?

I was using a program called Core Temp, unsure of how accurate it is. What program do you recommend to run to get more accurate temperatures?

Core temp is fine. Sometimes motherboard sensors do not read correctly I guess. Seems it is a sensor issue.

Ok, my rooms is a lot hotter today cause the temp has been increasing around here lately. This is after running OCCT for 5m. This seems a bit more accurate.

Edited by FUZi0N

Ok, my rooms is a lot hotter today cause the temp has been increasing around here lately. This is after running OCCT for 5m. This seems a bit more accurate.

AMD temps have always been so much sexier than Intel :)

Still I'm impressed with the new six core staying under 50C on load! I have a spare MSI 790FX-GD70, that I was hanging on to in anticipation on the AMD Hexacore's. Seems like everything I read about them is very posittive, and now tempting......

Yeah it seems the sensors have some offset around room temp. I was playing with a 45W AMD CPU a few days ago and, once undervolted, its load temperature was reported at 19oC using a Cooler Master V8 at full speed, when the room temperature was 20oC! Obviously that is not accurate.