Feds shred counterfeit Cisco trade

Guest ajmatson

Guest ajmatson
With a new conviction today, the federal action known as Operation Network Raider has resulted in 30 felony convictions and more than 700 seizures of counterfeit Cisco network hardware with an estimated value of more than $143 million.

According to the Departments of Justice and Homeland Security who headed up the operation, there has been a 75% decrease in seizures of counterfeit network hardware at US borders from 2008 to 2009. In addition, nine people are facing trial and another eight defendants are awaiting sentencing. . . . . .

http://www.networkworld.com/community/node/60910?source=NWWNLE_nlt_security_2010-05-07

Edited by ajmatson

Thats why you always order from a legit supplier.

Imagine the strange things that those routers and switches might have in them. Quite a huge security problem that would be.

Guest ajmatson

These routers are all over ebay too. Lots of relatively new ebayers from China with loads of Linksys routers and prices too good to be true

IK I have bought a few units off of eBay from sellers with only 100% feedback but when it comes to cables and Interface cards for my lab I usually pick them up form CiscoKits.com which is a really good retailer and they even have an upgrade program where you get full purchase price if you upgrade and older piece of gear to a newer one. I upgraded a 2610 router to a 2610XM version for $22.